a solo mission in central wa.
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: a solo mission in central wa.

a solo mission in central wa.

We had planned for a big annual camp out this weekend bike packing (bicycle) and it just didnt work out for any one really. Ill be damned if that gonna stop me! I did a long bicycle ride sunday morning instead and headed out on the tw afterwards. I went to a new area that Id never been and WOW was it spectacular. I added another 200 miles to the tw odometer and had some great times. I took it as a chalange not to say a work from when I left till I got back home. Ill let the pictures do the talking for me.....
    Untitled by dolphaxel, on Flickr
    after I got it all unloaded
    93 tw. running like clockwork
    225 6 speed complete!
    82 honda gl500 silver wing. sold to a new home 11-24-17
    03 ducati monster 800sie. full rebuild and a danger to the public Hidden Content for sale

looks like a beautiful area. what is the rock grotto/cave in pic #4?
    Allanb likes this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks for the post. Looks fun.
    Allanb likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

That was awesome! Love the tranquility in those pictures. Well except maybe the last one

Tom
    Elvesus and Allanb like this.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Very nice.
    Allanb likes this.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

just a cave in the wall. I went in there and had a look. just plants in there. its not too deep, but enough to hide from the rain if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by joeband View Post
    looks like a beautiful area. what is the rock grotto/cave in pic #4?
    Lyterx and Allanb like this.
    225 6 speed complete!
    03 ducati monster 800sie. full rebuild and a danger to the public Hidden Content for sale

It looks like the area in what used to be the Colombia River canyon below the dry falls. There are several lakes along the old used to be riverbed. The whole area is north of Soap Lake in the middle of the state. I recommend swimming in Soap lake. The water has a soapy feel to it because of the unusual minerals dissolved. It is said to be health giving and a curative for what ails you. It was used that way by Indians for thousands of years before the white men built a health spa along its' shores. There are caves that were lived in by people who predated the known Indian tribes in the area. Many of these caves are up in the cliffs where the water level was when the Colombia River ran through there. Outstanding place to ride. Watch out for snattlerakes.
    excalibur, Fred, Allanb and 4 others like this.
    Phelonius

Interesting you should say that.... this is on the quilamene just south of dry falls and soap lake. I have swam in soap lake and camped in that area a bit. Ive spent a fair amount of time in the area between vantage and grand coulee. most of the time I'm on the east side of the river. I learned today that the cave used to be a root cellar type thing. It used to have a structure built over the front of it to enclose it.

Quote Originally Posted by phelonius View Post
    It looks like the area in what used to be the Colombia River canyon below the dry falls. There are several lakes along the old used to be riverbed. The whole area is north of Soap Lake in the middle of the state. I recommend swimming in Soap lake. The water has a soapy feel to it because of the unusual minerals dissolved. It is said to be health giving and a curative for what ails you. It was used that way by Indians for thousands of years before the white men built a health spa along its' shores. There are caves that were lived in by people who predated the known Indian tribes in the area. Many of these caves are up in the cliffs where the water level was when the Colombia River ran through there. Outstanding place to ride. Watch out for snattlerakes.
    tree.bobby, Tweaker and Allanb like this.
    225 6 speed complete!

as I count down the final weeks untill our baby is born I have my wifes blessing to adventure as much as I can as long as I have cell reception. A year ago I took this trip and it was so great I did it again. My tw rack is getting repowdercoated so I had to take my AT. Normally I wouldnt complain but ive never worked so hard in my life on a motorcycle. 650lbs is waaaaay to much for 125lb me on a crazy knarly road with rolling boulders and washouts. all in all I made it and didnt drop the bike.
    ejfranz, admiral, Fred and 7 others like this.
    225 6 speed complete!

Nice trip report. Plan to ride over there next week, probably between vantage and the Hanford reach
    admiral, Elvesus and ejfranz like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links