New Guy... New TW200 (well, used)
Close

Got lucky! These things don't come up for sale very often here in Ontario, at least not at a decent price.

I've been watching Kijiji daily for about 3-months now, and suddenly I noticed a new ad for a low-klick TW that wasn't there the day before. It was getting a little late and I thought I best not call and wake the seller. So I waited 'till about noon the next day. Well by then the seller already had a guy who promised to come the following day, with an additional promise that he would call at 4:00pm to confirm the address and arrival time. So seller took my info to use in case other guy bails.

So seller phones me at 5:30pm and says he hasn't heard from the 1st guy. He made repeated calls to him with no answer. So the bike is back on the market. Of course I hit the road and was on my way. When I arrived, seller told me the other guy called back not 5-minutes after I left. He'd forgotten his cell phone at home when he ran out to run a couple of errands.

There's no mercy when it comes to Kijiji... It's survival of the quickest (and luckiest sometimes).

So now it sits in my garage. I took a little test ride through the fields this morning. What a blast! So at 49, I finally have a reason to get my motorcycle license! The bike is pretty old, but has very low mileage (just 4446k's). It's a 1987. It's in excellent shape. Needs nothing. $1,900. Most guys want between $2-$3,000 for bikes with 5-times the mileage.

Any-who, heading out for another ride...

Pic: http://imageshack.us/f/38/yam3z.jpg/

(Tried to link pic from Imageshack but was denied.. will trouble-shoot later)
    Screw the house... Let's see the Shop!

Yeah I saw that one too - great price! And it has a Clarke tank already

There was another pre-disk brake TW in the Ontario KIJIJI as well... think it was >$2000

Hmmm.... TW bobber with a front drum brake would be awesome!
    2005 TW200, 2" PowerMadd bar riser, Tusk D-Flex Hand Guards, PowerMadd Hand Muffs, Kick-Start, Valco Cup Holder, Givi E45N Top Case, Inline fuel filter, Storage Tube with MSR bottle, 45 Tooth sprocket, Stebel Low Tone horn, #130 Main Jet / no needle shims / 1.5 turns out on idle, Jimbo Shield, DID O-Ring chain, Clarke XT250 4.1 Gal tank, Custom Cycleracks

Yes. There was one for $2000, I don't see it now. There's still one for $2,100 which I thought real hard about, but the low-mileage on this one grabbed my attention real quick. Rang it out to 100km's/hr a few minutes ago. Was afraid I might hold up traffic on the surrounding rounds. Not worried any more
    Screw the house... Let's see the Shop!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Hey your story is almost the same as mine (for my search of a CB360!). You're right about kijiji. You got to be quick when buying and can't trust anyone when selling (I get so many fake "keep it for me I'll be there tomorrow"), people have no sense of honour these days...

Good luck with your TW, they are a lot of fun!

Sponosred Links