Can TW200's Fly?
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Can TW200's Fly?

Can TW200's Fly?

I guess we're going to find out.

I just put my money where my mouth is, and made deposits on airline tickets via Transat Airlines. Come July, Mrs Trip and I will ride our TW's up to Montreal, where they will put our on bikes on pallets, and they and us will fly to Dublin, Ireland.
    Other than riding the Wild Atlantic Way up the west coast of Ireland.... 2500 km as I recall... our plans are still rough. We intend to leave our bikes either in Cork or maybe Edinburgh. We'll return and ride again...hopefully in October....

A convergence of factors prompts our trip.... There is a bit of a fare war going on between Air Canada and Transat Air for shipping bikes to Europe... way cheaper than possible from the US. And Norwegian Air has just begun flying into and out of TF Green Airport here in Rhode Island.... Dublin...$129 dollars one way. I think Edinburgh is $140... and it's 15 minutes from home. Crazy cheap fares!
    Dryden-Tdub, admiral, Mel and 16 others like this.

"Me and Mrs Trip, we got a thing going on"... an on-going adventure...
    Hidden Content

"When Piggies Fly" ...Me & Mrs Trip Cross the Pond
    Hidden Content

"Take the Puppy to the Beach"...a dirt route across southern New England
    Hidden Content

Latest Spotwalla: Hidden Content

Upgrading on the term "Road Trip". Big upgrade at that. Awesome!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

I did not see this "must see" in the video. May be on your route. I would have to look for it if I were there. Have fun.

“The dilapidated cottage which was featured in ‘The Quiet Man’ was officially placed under state protection yesterday. Members of Galway County Council unanimously agreed to add White O’Morn cottage, in Maam in Connemara, to its list of protected structures,” to grant protected status to the remote dwelling, which has fallen into wrack and ruin since it featured in the 1952 John Ford-directed movie, which starred John Wayne and Maureen O’Hara.
    The “Quiet Man” itself is now an enduring legend through the surrounding countryside - and a substantial tourist draw.
    “Cong is one of the most beautiful and picturesque villages in Ireland surrounded by The Quiet Man film locations, Connemara countryside, nestled between Lough Mask and Lough Corrib, just 24 miles from Westport and Galway,” notes the Quiet Man Holiday Centre, loctaed in County Mayo.
    Rhodetrip, Tweaker, Ken and 2 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I will have to keep an eye out for that. There are so many interesting places in Ireland that it kind of boggles the mind as far as trip planning goes. County Clare is a must as Mrs Trip's ancestors came from that area. When we will be there I think the Galway Races are going on so it will difficult to find lodging in the area. We don't have any lodging arrangements and are hoping to wing it... but we'll be there in the busy season....

Quote Originally Posted by old w/2 many guns & bikes View Post
    I did not see this "must see" in the video. May be on your route. I would have to look for it if I were there. Have fun.

“The dilapidated cottage which was featured in ‘The Quiet Man’ was officially placed under state protection yesterday. Members of Galway County Council unanimously agreed to add White O’Morn cottage, in Maam in Connemara, to its list of protected structures,” to grant protected status to the remote dwelling, which has fallen into wrack and ruin since it featured in the 1952 John Ford-directed movie, which starred John Wayne and Maureen O’Hara.
    The “Quiet Man” itself is now an enduring legend through the surrounding countryside - and a substantial tourist draw.
    “Cong is one of the most beautiful and picturesque villages in Ireland surrounded by The Quiet Man film locations, Connemara countryside, nestled between Lough Mask and Lough Corrib, just 24 miles from Westport and Galway,” notes the Quiet Man Holiday Centre, loctaed in County Mayo.
    Ken and SanDue like this.

"Me and Mrs Trip, we got a thing going on"... an on-going adventure...
    Hidden Content

"When Piggies Fly" ...Me & Mrs Trip Cross the Pond
    Hidden Content

"Take the Puppy to the Beach"...a dirt route across southern New England
    Hidden Content

Latest Spotwalla: Hidden Content

Way cool. I am really jealous. I am 1/2 Irish on my mothers side. Daugherty county Donegal.. Several in my family have been over to visit.
    Last edited by Tweaker; 05-16-2017 at 03:49 PM.
    Rhodetrip, Ken and SanDue like this.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Don't forget your raincoats!
    admiral, Rhodetrip, Ken and 1 others like this.

My TW flies, it's the landings that are a little rough.
    Rhodetrip, Tweaker, LuvNot and 3 others like this.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

I'm so very very jealous and definitely looking forward to this trip report!!!
    Tweaker, Rhodetrip, Ken and 1 others like this.
    Hidden Content Midlife Crisis Mode - Activated! Hidden Content
    My 2-Wheel Babies: 2017 Versys X 300 - 2006 Kawasaki Nomad 1600 - 2009 Piaggio MP3 500 - 2014 Honda Ruckus
    My Other Recreational Rides: 1991 Bluebird Prison RV - Cheap Kayak - Burning Man Bike

Ken
    So is the Isle of man next for you?
    Rhodetrip and SanDue like this.

Congrats on a lifetime adventure, so awesome.
    Rhodetrip and SanDue like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links