• 9 Post By wrench-puller
  • 8 Post By admiral
  • 3 Post By Fred
  • 2 Post By centralwarider
  • 1 Post By Elvesus
  • 1 Post By BkCntryCrwlr

Thread: Long way home.

Long way home.

Rode the Tdub to work to day, and of course the sun came out full force just to make it worse that I was working! By lunch I was high centered due to a lack of a Suzuki IAC valve, and that was all the excuse I needed. Signed out and climbed on the bike before anyone else needed their boat fixed (on my day off) and it was time to ride. Now Denice was still working so I had an hour to kill before she was off, seemed only right to take the LONG way home and this is what I saw...

IMG_1722.JPGIMG_1721.JPG

Think I will be taking the long way home alittle more often
    Last edited by wrench-puller; 05-20-2017 at 11:10 PM.
    2009 TW200, Jimbo shield, 47&55T rear with DID chain, Maxxis Ceros Rear, Kendra 270 front, extended swing arm, 1"Risers, Rear rack, Raised front fender, XOG GPS.

Nimpkish Lake? Nice detour for getting home
    Gorgeous day up there, and down island too!
    John in Nanaimo

2013 TW200 - with Shinko 241 front tire, Rox 2" anti-vibe risers, Polisport Touquet handguards, homemade wind deflector, Manracks utility rack

Yes Elvesus, that is Nimpkish Lake looking at it from the trail over to twin peaks. Not really " on my way home", but it was a nice cruise out Cabin Main then up and over the old trail to Twin Peaks road and a loop back home.
    Today was the first nice day right from the sunrise to sunset. Hate seeing the sunrise while sitting at our kitchen table having my morning coffee....kind of makes you not want to go to work after that. I think Denice should hang up some thick ugly curtains to block my view. Here is a shot of the view from my chair this morning.
    IMG_0683.JPG
    Yeah I know, pretty nasty view but its what we have to live with.

I was looking forward to taking Denice for a bike ride tomorrow but a call just came in and I have to work again.... on my weekend off! Coast Guard boat just had an engine go down so its off to Port Hardy first thing, but I will probably have to sit here and suffer through another one of those sunrises... what's a guy to do?
    Last edited by wrench-puller; 05-20-2017 at 11:36 PM.
    2009 TW200, Jimbo shield, 47&55T rear with DID chain, Maxxis Ceros Rear, Kendra 270 front, extended swing arm, 1"Risers, Rear rack, Raised front fender, XOG GPS.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wrench-puller View Post
    Yes Elvesus, that is Nimpkish Lake looking at it from the trail over to twin peaks. Not really " on my way home", but it was a nice cruise out Cabin Main then up and over the old trail to Twin Peaks road and a loop back home.
    Today was the first nice day right from the sunrise to sunset. Hate seeing the sunrise while sitting at our kitchen table having my morning coffee....kind of makes you not want to go to work after that. I think Denice should hang up some thick ugly curtains to block my view. Here is a shot of the view from my chair this morning.
    IMG_0683.JPG
    Yeah I know, pretty nasty view but its what we have to live with.

I was looking forward to taking Denice for a bike ride tomorrow but a call just came in and I have to work again.... on my weekend off! Coast Guard boat just had an engine go down so its off to Port Hardy first thing, but I will probably have to sit here and suffer through another one of those sunrises... what's a guy to do?
    No way home from work should be a direct route if riding the TW (or any motorcycle). Direct routes home are for cars and pickup trucks and such when one has chores to do...that need doing before you get it trouble for not doing them on TW rides home.

Awesome
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Nice photo!
    cowboyjeff, admiral and Elvesus like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

I'm glad that it was awesome scenery. When I clicked this thread open I was worried that the long way home was gonna be on foot. Looks like a great ride
    cowboyjeff and admiral like this.
    2007 TW200, Cycleracks, Jimbo shield, Tinman Tim racks and tool tube mount, Shinko 244 in 5.10, Protaper ATV mid handlebars, Tusk D-flex hand guards, e-bay steel pegs

Gorgeous sunrise! Haddington Island never looked so nice
    cowboyjeff likes this.
    John in Nanaimo

2013 TW200 - with Shinko 241 front tire, Rox 2" anti-vibe risers, Polisport Touquet handguards, homemade wind deflector, Manracks utility rack

The long way home is always the best way home...

Great pic's WP, thanks for sharing!
    admiral likes this.
    You can't see it if you're not out there living it!

'94 Rainbow Warrior - not so rainbow any more - Clarke XT350 tank, Lizrdbrth's seat mod, Beer Trap Pegs, Ricochet skid plate and more.

Going through withdrawals, sold my other two TW's, down to one....Uhggghhh! Hidden Content

Sponosred Links