Close

Like Tree13Likes
  • 6 Post By Tinybear
  • 4 Post By GCFishguy
  • 1 Post By admiral
  • 2 Post By Tinybear

Thread: Couple videos riding in very wet sandy trails and track time lol

Couple videos riding in very wet sandy trails and track time lol

Well seems my theme this year for trail riding is gonna be MESSY. With a new born at home getting away for rides is going to be sporadic and when I get the chance I have to take it so waiting for nice weather is not an option. Yesterday I went for a bit of riding with friends at a local Off road park and track despite the large amounts of rain leading up too (though at least it wisent raining this time during the riding).

Trail conditions were sloppy at best and riding trails 1 and 3 (no video sorry) took a TON of energy. Trail 2 was in far in better shape so I mounted the camera and off I went. I also mounted my camera to my buddies lid on his YZ290F(modified 250f) and sent him to do a run around the track.

I am riding very slow as I'm very inexperienced off road I HATE SAND (witch is what all these trails consist of) and well I don't want to get hurt (I have way too many previous injuries to risk anything anymore) and have nothing to prove.

Part one
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HzacDGKBLv8

Part two (spoiler alert I fall within sight of the exit lol)
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9EyLeYUV-4k

Round the trail again (I dump it here too lol)
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tGgSswsvPpw

And lastly the Track ride (imagine what he could do if he rode a TW lol)
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tGgSswsvPpw
    2017 Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT

2010 Yamaha TW200

2016 Polaris Sportsman 450 HO

2005 Yamaha Bruin 350 4x4

Awesome stuff. Something that I felt the need to comment on is where the guy with you told you to go first, then said "Doesn't matter" when you said you were slow.
    When I started riding ATV's I met a great (and very experienced) riding buddy. We did thousands of miles together and some simple little rules made the riding awesome. Stupid little things like, "Turn off your lights if you want to stop." One thing he, and now I, always said when someone else was riding with us was "The slowest bike sets the pace for the whole group."

Too many accidents happen because slower people are made to feel 'slow' and push themselves to ride faster than they should be riding because they feel like they're holding people up, or they're racing to catch up to their riding 'buddies' that left them behind. All the time we'd meet riders or sledders that were at the tail end and were left behind to take a wrong turn and get lost. Really? Even if you're not watching the rider behind you all the time, why are people so stupid as to assume that the person back there...somewhere...will just 'know' which way the group went at the next intersection....?? The guy behind you is your responsibility. Grrrr...okay, sorry...rant over.
    littletommy, Tweaker, Fred and 1 others like this.

Most excellent.

Yeah, the trail was just a tad muddy. Did you stand up, sit, or both when riding through the mud? Other than the mud it looked like great fun. Did seem to be busy with other riders so I'm guessing you had to be careful. Are these trails one-way traffic. If so that would alleviate some traffic hazards.

What tires are you using?

With all that mud and water, I would have been tempted to wrap some bread bags around my feet (or similar) to try and keep them try. My riding boots don't do dry very well. I watched the video's in x2 speed and it made you look like you're riding really fast. Tell everyone to use x2 speed in youtube when watching so they think you're a speed demon. ha ha

And for the record, I didn't see one single Gopher. What's up wit dat? Dirt piled up for the race track don't count as gopher mounds.

P.S. You did right by sending your buddy out on the track. No sense you showing off on a TW making everybody else look bad!
    Ken likes this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Yeah it's nice to have people riding with you that are patient but out there the trails are short and high traffic so not too bad to go it alone. Besides I sometimes rather going alone as I don't like holding others up from having a bit of fun.

Riding there most my riding was done seated as my left leg is pretty comprised strength and flexibility wise due to past nasty injury and resulting 5 surgeries. Essentially I have far far less muscle mass in that calf and I can't rotate that ankle in very well. Also not have advanced arthritis in that knee and ankle despite being 33 years old. Oh and my left leg is 1" shorter lol. So standin and riding is something I can't do for long which is one of the reasons I loved the TW. It makes a great slow speed explorer to just plod along with.
    admiral and Ken like this.
    2017 Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT

2010 Yamaha TW200

2016 Polaris Sportsman 450 HO

2005 Yamaha Bruin 350 4x4

Sponosred Links