Greenwich Concours d'Elegance
Close

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By stagewex
  • 1 Post By Smitty Blackstone
  • 1 Post By Smitty Blackstone

Thread: Greenwich Concours d'Elegance

More of an event destination. Especially if you like looking at old vintage steel without the cost of flying to Pebble Beach with the Rich & Famous. I'm riding up but not sure which of the 2 days. Click on their link at the bottom of the notice. Incredible automobile, motorcycles and yachts.

Saturday, June 3, 2017 - Sunday, June 4, 2017
    Roger Sherman Baldwin Park, Greenwich, CT
    Last Updated: 03/12/2017 - 20:36
    2017 will be the 22nd Greenwich Concours! Recognized as one of the premier concours in the country, Greenwich is unique in that it is two concours back to back. Saturday is the Concours Americana for American cars and motorcycles, while Sunday is the Concours International for imported marques.
    Saturday features a circle of supercars, both American and foreign. There will also will be the first ever Hot Rod Class and a sure-to-please display of children’s cars. Saturday’s ticket also allows you to preview all of the cars in the Bonhams auction tent. Be sure to join us Saturday night for the gala party at the Greenwich Delamar Hotel, with a sumptuous buffet and luxurious yachts. On Sunday, we welcome the American Bugatti Club, with Bugatti being our featured marque. Sunday will also feature racecars from the Lime Rock Historic Festival. The Bonhams auction begins at noon and requires a separate admission — or you can watch through the open side of the tent.
    On both days there will be displays of new cars including BMW, Lincoln, Cadillac, Tesla, Jaguar, Land Rover and Miller Motorcars — with Ferrari, Bugatti, Pagani, Alfa Romeo, Aston Martin, McLaren, Bentley and Maserati. There are even opportunities to test drive some of these amazing new vehicles. We will also have incredible yachts displayed at the Delamar Hotel docks.
    For the first time there are a limited number of VIP tickets which include early entry to the Concours, breakfast and lunch with the car owners and judges, access to the VIP lounge and patio at the Delamar Hotel, entrance to the Bonhams Cocktail Reception on Friday night, lapel pin, poster and a VIP lanyard!
    See details at Greenwich Concours D'elegance | June 3rd & 4th, 2017

Yesterday (Sunday) I had more than real-life expectations to run over the NJ for the monthly "Bike & Breakfast" gathering and then ride up to CT. for the Greenwich Concours d'Elegance. Well, I couldn't get my butt in gear so I just took the ride up to Greenwich which in retrospect and the way the weather deteriorated throughout the day, to be the right decision.

Saturday/the day before was all American cars and motorcycles. That was the event I really wanted to go to but didn't get the chance. So Sunday was all European. All I can say is WOW. Incredible cars designated in groups of country origin and quite different than any car show I've ever been to. I suppose the difference between a car show and a "Concours". Bonham's was running a live auction though the day but nothing I'd ever be able to afford in my lifetime. Still, wonderful to be around such beautiful automotive art.

About a 7 minute highlight video of my favorites. Best thing is that I just made it home just as the rain started, can see the drops on my camera lens as I reversed the Ural into the garage. That made a great day into an excellent one.

littletommy likes this.

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    I forgot that was this past weekend. Usually go to this.
    littletommy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    Gullwing!!!!!

Freaken Amphicar!!!!

AHHHHH !!!!

Lincoln Premiere!!!!!!
    Jensen Healy!!!!
    You're killing me!!!!
    XK140
    DB5!!!!!

ISETTA!!!!!

2 Whale tails!
    Early Wagoneer!!!

Weird to see a bike backing up from that camera angle.

Cool to see your K75.

Thanks for sharing.
    It saved me 80 bucks!
    littletommy likes this.

Sponosred Links