Riding areas in/around Ukiah, Cali?.
Close

It appears that our annual bike trip will include the Ukiah. Any of you northerners ride in that area and if so where's the good stuff?

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

For dirt roads try:

http://www.fs.usda.g...no/about-forest

The southern part is supposed to be very OHV friendly.

Long live the internal combustion engine!

I haven't been up there in over 20 years and we were told most of the area had been "hugged out", so ta speak.

That doesn't appear to be true. In fact there appears there could be a week's worth of dirt up there .

We were trying to nail down whether to ride the TW's or just ride up there on our bigger bikes and forget offroading. Thanks for the link.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Here is a spot in Mendocino National Forest that I have been planning on visiting for 2 or 3 year and hopefully I will this year sometime.

http://www.check-six..._crash_site.htm

Forty year ago, when I was a deer hunter, or at least tried to be one, I used to hunt in the area east of Covelo. Had I known about the B-17 then I would have visited it. Today it is behind a locked gate and only open to hikers willing to walk the last 3 miles.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

i would contact the ranger station at upper lake directly to ask about trail conditions. i went up there from stoneyford last fall and many fs maps are incorrect with regards to route markers and trail conditions. one trail was cut off with several downed trees, due to recent logging activities, which left us on the long end of a dead end trail. we ended up off roaring a couple of hairy sections to go around the logs, and we now carry folding saws with us. very pretty area. the stoneyford orv area was a bit too "yahoo" for my dad and i, but seems very popular.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Sponosred Links