Walker ridge road/indian valley reservoir/clearlake
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left my house around noon, already warm! Forgot sunscreen so have a couple of burned arms. Rode pavement up highway 16 thru Capay valley to highway 20. Turned left and about 5 more miles turned right on Walker ridge road. Took a break, aired tires down to 13 psi. Cruised about 25 mph around indian valley reservoir and found some nice mud holes but had to stay out of them because I was alone and no one around. (be back later with friends and quads). Saw several people riding dirtbikes and quads right up to Indian valley reservoir. Alot of people camping/fishing. Saw a few huge camping groups. one had to have more then 50 tents/vehicles. Lots of shooting which made me feel a little nervous and feel like a moving target. Ended up on a high ridge overlooking Clearlake, Wow! Stunning view! Finally got down to clearlake and crap, its 6 o'clock. Air up tires and refuel. Got home at 8 o'clock and its almost dark. 205 mile ride, my longest and my hands and butt killing me...Hot tub and a few ice cold beers felt great...Went 110 miles till ran out of gas and went to reserve. Wanted to see when reserve would run out but got to pavement and not safe to run out gas with a big truck following you. As usual too tired when I got home to fill up and check fuel mpg. Will do that tonite. One of my pics is of a toyota 4runner? in a tree down a very steep embankment, looks like its been there for years.

Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Looks and sounds like you had a good ride! Nice pictures and views. Thanks for taking us along.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

looks really cool, one day i'll get back out there. just got a xt225 4.1 gallon tank, and need to pull my rear shock and try out a different spring. planning on tackling Mojave road again, but this time from my tw rather than my 4runner.

josh
    Not all men are capable of greatness, but all possess toughness.
    2001 TW a mod or two maybeHidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I live near this area and ride if often. Next time you are going to be in the area, hit me up and if I can would love to show you around more of this area.

Joe

Looks like a really nice place to ride with some great views. Interesting you mention the crashed vehicle. I'm always on the lookout for a vehicle which didn't negotiate a road successfully. Photo op you know. Also, still looking to find a plane crash nobody has found either. I know, I'm weird. Enjoyed the photo's, thanks for sharing another "Black Widow" adventure!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Joe, was thinking this would be a good area for a group TW ride. I've only been here a few times so still exploring. Come up with a free day a few weeks in advance and lets plan a group ride here. Be fun to ride around here with someone who knows it better then me. I somehow missed a left turn which would have had me come out a road closer to Walker ridge road. I did see a bridge on the left near the twin peaks/french valley intersection that said "road closed" so maybe its closed for winter or repairs?
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Sounds like a good ride, especially with the hot tub and beer at the end.

Mike, pick a day and I can most likely make it work. I work rotating shifts so no way to say one day is beter than another. I have some PTO to burn, just need to arange a little before hand. The road that you missed is High Valley Road. It turns left from Bartlet Springs Road near where the picture of Clearlake was taken and hits Hwy 20 in Clearlake Oaks.

Joe

Josh, get your bike done and lets all get out to walker ridge. Joe, I think I did see one road on left that said "Indian valley reservoir" when I was getting near my stunning clear lake view. I was starting to run short on time so decided to find pavement and get home. I was also looking at map and see that you can probably make it to Stoneyford OHV. Have you ever rode your TW from Indian valley reservoir to Stoneyford by trail/fireroad?

I'd like to get in on whatever is in the works. Since I am out of a job, seems I have time to spare without a great deal of planning. I suspect getting from Indian Valley res. to Stoneyford ORV would require some steep single-track, but then, just a guess. The paved route is very pretty though. Thanks. Gerry PM or e-mail me
    Take care my Friend.........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links