Murphy to Silver City, Idaho
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I attempted to ride from Murphy to Silver City yesterday, Never found Silver City, got off on some goat trails after decideing to leave the deep sand trail I was on. I dumped my bike in the sand, I just cannot ride through deep sand. I found a really cool old miners cabin though, complete with bed, stove and food, the sign said welcome and please close door after your stay. It was a homestead and the homesteader had died in 1963. I still had fun and Silver City is still on my bucket list.

Hi Dan;

Give a holler the next time you are off for an adventure. I bet I know the way.

Happy Trails All

Ron in Boise

Cool looking cabin! Deep sand is very tricky to ride in. I rode my local dry creek bed for a few years on a ttr225 dirtbike. Gravel and sand and usually it was the sand where my front tire would slide out. I really got the hang of it after hours of practice and the one good thing about sand is soft landing when you fall....lol. I now just ride my 3 wheeler and quads down there and ride the dirt bikes in the dirt. It did make me a lot better rider when I come across sand/gravel on my TW.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Me no can see the photo's. I see "this image has been moved or deleted" message. Can others still see it?

A-1 Dan, I can resemble the sand washout from a couple months back.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

I don't see the pictures either, but would like to!
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

I made the ride a couple different times. There are many ways there some much easier then others. A few pictures of my adventure going that way.

I have from Murphy to Tidy springs saved on my GPS. From Tidy Springs to Silver city I lost that file. There are still a few choices from there to tget to Silver city. If your interested in the Track I could send it to you.

I tried to repair the photo links, I was close to Tiddy springs

I see . . . . pics!

Thanks!

Bag
    "The TW may be slow, but the Earth is patient" - MK

"If I'm wrong, and it turns out that you hate it, I'll send you all my Barry Manilow albums." LB

Hidden Content

I can see 'em now. Thanks Dan, Silver City area has lots of history for the explorer in us. I remember seeing something like that at a mine north of Big Creek (north of Yellowpine). Owners placed a note on the door similar to the one on this cabin. Course you can't ride to the old mine now, except by Mule or Horse or walk, as the mine is just inside the Frank Church Wilderness area. But you could ride to Pueblo Summit and walk from there.

Lots of mining history in the Big Creek area too. Big Creek is one of my stops for my "Big Loop Ride" that I'm planning, most likely next year (2013). Gonna make it a 7 dayer or more!

Anyway, back to topic, did Larry go with you? Love the area Dan, glad you got out.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

*Admiral, Larry didn't go, his bike is still at the yamaha shop waiting to get it running again after he dumped it so many times, it should be done this week. I am interested in your "big loop" ride trip, like a 7 day camping trip? did you map it out? you gonna have to pack a lot of dog food! on another note, do you have any pictures of the Bender Creek ride we all went on last week? Ron said you would post some

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links