Oakland Motorcycle Club (any TW's?)
Close

Took quads for nice scenic ride around Indian Valley Reservoir (Northern California) on sunday. Weather was perfect! Saw at least 75 big dual sports ride by us. Quite a few of them were having fun with a creek crossing. We stopped to watch/chat for a few and I asked what club they were in. He said it was their 20th year of the club so must be a different club then the one I found online that said "Since 1907". Didn't see any Tw's. Any members here in that club?
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

This past weekend the Oakland Motorcycle Club sponsored the SheetIron 300, a dual sport ride starting in Stoneyford on Saturday and returning on Sunday from Fort Bragg. The bikes you saw most likely were on their final leg back to Stoneyford. 75 blkes is just a portion of the total as they always have 500 riders. It looks like a fun ride except I woild be in the way of 499 others. It might be a fun time to follow their route with just a few riders, maybe TW's ?

Joe

I lost count of how many and guessed at 75. Some of them were going quite fast. The dust was annoying so we parked and ate lunch by the creek and watched them go over a bridge. The yellow (mustard plants?) on the nearby hills were amazing. Forgot my camera this trip so no pics. The guy I was talking to said something about 20 years. Maybe of the SheetIron 300?
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

A friend of mines 60+yr. old podiatrist was out there. He really likes riding dirt bikes and has the scars and broken bones to prove it.

http://oaklandmotorc...?eventid=255352

From 2010:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=PDL3IcsIYmc
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Sponosred Links