Close

Like Tree10Likes
  • 5 Post By Hoot Gibson
  • 2 Post By Purple
  • 2 Post By elime
  • 1 Post By Hoot Gibson

Thread: Amish Country Ride

Amish Country Ride

Well Montezuma and I finally got the Oil "Nut" off my 2014 and changed the oil on both vehicles on Friday....a hammer and chisel did the trick, finally...what a pain in the ass and cheap POS that bolt is, if you{like me} tightened the damn thing one to many turns....

DSC00924.JPG

So yesterday{Saturday} me, with my new bolt $16, and Nick with his new Bark Busters, new front Michelin T63{he got 7000 miles off that} and new stock rear {7200 off that}, about $250 total{plus another $90 to have the tires mounted} set off for a ride over to Amish Country Indiana...few dirt and gravel roads in Western Ohio, but plenty of gravel, and mixed road, along with dodging a lot of Amish Buddy Horse Poop, just 20 miles away in Hoosier Land{that's why their taxes are less}, making it a bit more of a challenge....I got about 80 miles in, Montezuma Nick about 100...prefect riding conditions...78 degrees, low humidity, plenty of sunshine, and a nice breeze, make the 2 1/2 cruise pretty nice....

DSCF0226 (1).JPGDSCF0225 (1).jpg

As for my tires...the T63 has about 6000 on it and is still good for the rest of this season...while the rear will last till next Spring as well...both should be good for our Upper Michigan ride and Big Bend....being the Cheap A$$ I am, I don't want to change them until I have to...I'm still pissed about the $16 Oil Bolt/Nut
    ejfranz, scotti158, Purple and 2 others like this.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Those bikes look far to clean - what happened to "the TW is meant to be Dirty, Muddy, Dusty, Sandy, banged up" -
    admiral and Hoot Gibson like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

I recently had an oil plug break trying to remove it. Very frustrating to say the least.
    admiral and Hoot Gibson like this.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson View Post
    Well Montezuma and I finally got the Oil "Nut" off my 2014 and changed the oil on both vehicles on Friday....a hammer and chisel did the trick, finally...what a pain in the ass and cheap POS that bolt is, if you{like me} tightened the damn thing one to many turns....

DSC00924.JPG

So yesterday{Saturday} me, with my new bolt $16, and Nick with his new Bark Busters, new front Michelin T63{he got 7000 miles off that} and new stock rear {7200 off that}, about $250 total{plus another $90 to have the tires mounted} set off for a ride over to Amish Country Indiana...few dirt and gravel roads in Western Ohio, but plenty of gravel, and mixed road, along with dodging a lot of Amish Buddy Horse Poop, just 20 miles away in Hoosier Land{that's why their taxes are less}, making it a bit more of a challenge....I got about 80 miles in, Montezuma Nick about 100...prefect riding conditions...78 degrees, low humidity, plenty of sunshine, and a nice breeze, make the 2 1/2 cruise pretty nice....

DSCF0226 (1).JPGDSCF0225 (1).jpg

As for my tires...the T63 has about 6000 on it and is still good for the rest of this season...while the rear will last till next Spring as well...both should be good for our Upper Michigan ride and Big Bend....being the Cheap A$$ I am, I don't want to change them until I have to...I'm still pissed about the $16 Oil Bolt/Nut
    If you get a close up of mine...not so clean, and the tires especially are looking "dusty"...just that the Blue hides the mud, dirt, ect...very well!
    Purple likes this.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Sponosred Links