Mirror...Mirror..
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Mirror...Mirror..

Mirror...Mirror..

So... do you remove your mirrors when going off road? What do you do with them. I usually ride several miles on public roads before I get to the area for off road riding. I have to go under several tubed Forest Service gates to get to the area. I would like to remove my mirrors to make it easier. But then what? Re- attach them or store them in a backpack till I finish my ride?. What's your thoughts?....

Don't crash and you won't have to worry about them. . I don't remove mine when riding off-road. They do make mirrors that can handle crashes.
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

The TW is one bike I have not had issues with the mirrors getting in the way, besides dragging the bike under a gate on a FSR.
    I put a double take mirror on the WR with a RAM mount so it could fold out of the way.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Get folding mirrors.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Several buddies have MSR folding mirrors on their bikes. Cheapest place to purchase is Rocky Mountain ATV. The MSR seem to be reasonable quality while being much cheaper than Doubletake mirrors. Those Doubletake mirrors are really nice though
    2007 TW200, Cycleracks, Jimbo shield, Tinman Tim racks and tool tube mount, Shinko 244 in 5.10, Protaper ATV mid handlebars, Tusk D-flex hand guards, e-bay steel pegs

Yeppers... looking at the DoubleTake mirrors are sweet... But oh so expensive... might just have to splurge...lol...

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    The Ken Sean dual sport folding mirrors are also a good cheap option. They have a Yamaha right side specific one too. I've been using them for years. The ball joint makes them nearly indestructible since they will just push out of the way in any direction if contacted.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

I like having mirrors on the back roads/trails - I like to know if a dirt biker is coming up on me (hard to believe this happens on the Dub) or if a bear is coming w/o having to turn my head......how terrifying would this be? See link

admiral and Rider21 like this.

Holy crap!

It's not a matter of crashing...lol... It's having to tip my TW200 on it's side to get under that stupid gate... If I only had one mirror it would be a breeze. That second mirror is a killer for me... I'm just getting' too old for that can of nonsense.... lmao...
    TopPredator and cowboyjeff like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links