Leona Divide Trail Riding ...
Close

Here a short trail riding to share with ...

Parts of Leona Divide Trail, which seems well known for the runners.

Looks like that there are annual Leona Divide 50 Miles Running events at the April.

Trail which I took was forest service road 6N04 and total distance is about 10 miles.

As I am an off-roading begginer, it took an hour to cover the trails.

Advanced riders might finish the trail less than 30 minutes.

During the riding, met a couple of pig riders; wonder how they ride that well on the mountain trails with that heavy BMW.. admire them.

Trail road condition is very nice, and difficulity is 1 out of 10 IMHO.

Easy riding and nice sceneries to enjoy through out the road.

This time, I tried to cover all the road on the video, but hard to get all of them.

So, much part of video runs on double speed of original recording time... ^^;

* All the photos and video clips are taken from chest mounted camera.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWmilsvtK9k[/media]

Thanks for the watching.

I like your combination of photo's and video. Gives me a good sense of the conditions (steepness, speed), of what the rider is experiencing. Thanks for sharing!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Another thanks. Great presentation! Fun to watch as you change riding positions rather than from a fixed mount. 2.5x is a hoot! What equipment are you using??... if my recollection is correct, you fabricated a chest mount. Regards, Mike

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    I like your combination of photo's and video. Gives me a good sense of the conditions (steepness, speed), of what the rider is experiencing. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the comments.

Glad you liked it !!

PS: I may need some study for editing video clips, it took alot of time still. (and hard to compress/compact the whole riding trip effectively)

Quote Originally Posted by TW Yamamoto View Post
    Another thanks. Great presentation! Fun to watch as you change riding positions rather than from a fixed mount. 2.5x is a hoot! What equipment are you using??... if my recollection is correct, you fabricated a chest mount. Regards, Mike

Thanks alot.

Here is my camera setup detail. (next time let me get some photo out of it)

As I don't want to have multiple cameras during the riding, I choose only my main camera which is Canon Powershot SX20.

And tried to various method to mounting.

This cam is little havier than regular point-shoot cameras and little bulkier; but still compact size.

My final decision was mounting on the my chest, how?

It has a neck strap, so I put in the neck and tighten in out throuh the my chest with another long strap.

The camera is tightened up just bellow the my chin (1-2 inches bellow).

I can see currently recoring picture frame while I'm riding as it has folderable LCD screen.

However, it's little hard to level the camera because I could not tighten enough to stay still.

If I tighten it hard, it prevents my body movement little bit and gets tired after some time.

Hope I could find little better solution... still experimenting. ^^;

Boy, you sure are 'Busy'. Your videos are really a joy to watch. Wish I had the patience to take the time to put together such a nice presentation.. Thanks Gerry

Take care my Friend.........

Quote Originally Posted by mrgizmow View Post
    Boy, you sure are 'Busy'. Your videos are really a joy to watch. Wish I had the patience to take the time to put together such a nice presentation.. Thanks Gerry

Thanks Mr. Gerry...

I'm very delight that someone liked my little efforts even though it's not in good quality ... ^^

Nice video. I switched to YouTube so I could watch it full screen and in HD. Really nice. You have inspired me to go to Hollister in a week or two.

I only go to Hollister during the middle of the week when nothing else is going on. My pace is also slow and I am tired of young punks spraying me with dirt and dust.

Watching the video I noticed an easy looking trail going off to the left right at 3:30. I of course don't know what it is like on the other side of that hill but turning around and coming back down looks very doable should it get really difficult. That being said, stay in your "comfort zone".
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony ( aka elime) View Post
    Nice video. I switched to YouTube so I could watch it full screen and in HD. Really nice. You have inspired me to go to Hollister in a week or two.

I only go to Hollister during the middle of the week when nothing else is going on. My pace is also slow and I am tired of young punks spraying me with dirt and dust.

Watching the video I noticed an easy looking trail going off to the left right at 3:30. I of course don't know what it is like on the other side of that hill but turning around and coming back down looks very doable should it get really difficult. That being said, stay in your "comfort zone".

Thanks for the comment first of all.

I looked the frames at 3:30 again.

Yes, when I pass at there, I thought also "Where that hill climb up would ends up???, and not for me!!!"

Enjoying the trails with crowds would not be a nice idea for me too!!!

PS:

The org. movie files' qualities are really good to see, enjoyable to watch.

However, one problem with my old PC >> can't play HD movie smoothly.. ha ha ha

So, I use camera line out to TV or Projector to enjoy.

OR, I upload edited movie to YouTube and enjoy the lowered quality versions. ( don't laugh ^^; )

When editing the movie, the application (Corel Video Studio) also plays lowered version for me with smaller frame size.

Sponosred Links