Double TW Iron Butt Saddlesore completed.
Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Double TW Iron Butt Saddlesore completed.

Ronniedog and I have this morning completed an Iron Butt Saddlesore 1000. As far as we're aware we're the first TW's to do a certified ride.

I'd like to dedicate my ride to my sister, Phyllis, who recently lost her battle with cancer, but left this world far better than she found it. Thank you, sis.

If I ever wake up I'll fill in my end of the pics and details. Even my camera is blurry-eyed this morning, as you can see.

Ronnydog should just be arriving home near San Diego.

r80rt, Peterb, LuvNot and 1 others like this.
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by lizrdbrth View Post
    Ronniedog and I have this morning completed an Iron Butt Saddlesore 1000. As far as we're aware we're the first TW's to do a registered ride.

I'd like to dedicate my ride to my sister, Phyllis, who recently lost her battle with cancer, but left this world far better than she found it. Thank you, sis.

If I ever wake up I'll fill in my end of the pics and details. Even my camera is blurry-eyed this morning, as you can see.

Ronnydog should just be arriving home near San Diego.

I'm home I think???????? Lets not do this again.

r80rt, LuvNot and grewen like this.

I think we should do it again in the next month or so before the feeling returns to our buttcheeks.

Warren The Instigator (who started this in the first place) has emailed me while we were gone and is out doing a Saddlesore on his flying couch. Even he was smart enough not to take a TW. Remind me to swipe one of his spark plug wires.

You should rent him your air conditioner now that you've retired..

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I am very impressed. Its almost been long enough now that I would consider doing another one. Almost. Cheers guys, really. And on a TW is really something. You guys got some grit.
    1987 TW200

2000 Yamaha XT350

2005 Yamaha Majesty

2009 Honda Ruckus

Nice going guys. My butt started aching just reading your post. I can only imagine how yours are doing. Was wondering what/where your 1000 miles course was.

Congratulations and well done.

Looking forward to seeing you and the venerable TW200

included in the Certified IBA Rides.
    2001 TW200 adopted January 2012. 2001 Moto Guzzi California EV acquired June 2012. Ex-rides: Hidden Content , Hidden Content that I rode 67,000 miles in six years and had many Hidden Content , 1979 Yamaha RD400F Daytona Special, Yamaha XT 500, 1969 Yamaha DT 175 Enduro purchased new that started it all and a Honda 90 and 110 ATV, an Indian Mini Buffalo (a 50cc Italjet) and a couple of other dirt bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by cptrout View Post
    Nice going guys. My butt started aching just reading your post. I can only imagine how yours are doing. Was wondering what/where your 1000 miles course was.

You could pick it up from your area possibly via 91 to Corona and bypassing the Tucson leg. I think your mileage would be close.

The route is brutally hot. Probably well over 100 from just east of Alpine clear back to Parker. Leaving at night doesn't change this greatly. Mostly it gets you around the really big climbs out of most areas in SoCal.

Timing out is a very real possibility if you route it without taking everything into account.

I started my ride from home yesterday morning and the trip to Ronnydog's was my first leg and his start point. We split in Joshua Tree early this morning.

Here's mine:

Ronniedog's:

r80rt likes this.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Wham bam thank you ma'am....thanks for stopping by my place.
    2008 TW200 with a super cool exhaust

Ya done good! I did the saddlesore 1000 back in '98, rough on the rear end ain't it
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

Quote Originally Posted by xdac View Post
    Wham bam thank you ma'am....thanks for stopping by my place.

Wish we'd had time. I'd have hauled those stock tires home. I'd almost forgotten what a vacation it is to ride on the skinny tires after running the ATV tires for so long.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links