Death Valley Trip-upcoming
Close

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    Howdy all

Well I'm planning another trip to Death Valley in the Fall and wanted to see what kind of interest there might be. I've been riding bikes off road here for the last 6 or 7 years and covered most of the park,

Currently looking at October 24th-28/29th? or November 1st-5th. Staging out of Pannament Springs resort where I'll have a camp spot.

Don't know the area; there is lots to see and trails for all abilities.

Why am I posting so early, cause I'm trying to decide if this will be a moto trail trip or just off road driving.

I'll be posting some loop options and other peoples videos of the area this weekend.

BTW-I'll be trailering my TW into the park and have a three moto trailer for transport if needed.

thanks

Josh
    Not all men are capable of greatness, but all possess toughness.
    2001 TW a mod or two maybeHidden Content

I sure wish I lived closer Josh!!

Hummm, if I drove all night . . . . .

Bag
    "The TW may be slow, but the Earth is patient" - MK

"If I'm wrong, and it turns out that you hate it, I'll send you all my Barry Manilow albums." LB

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by bikerjosh View Post
    Howdy all

Well I'm planning another trip to Death Valley in the Fall and wanted to see what kind of interest there might be. I've been riding bikes off road here for the last 6 or 7 years and covered most of the park,

Currently looking at October 24th-28/29th? or November 1st-5th. Staging out of Pannament Springs resort where I'll have a camp spot.

Why am I posting so early, cause I'm trying to decide if this will be a moto trail trip or just off road driving.

I'll be posting some loop options and other peoples videos of the area this weekend.

BTW-I'll be trailering my TW into the park and have a three moto trailer for transport if needed.

thanks

Josh

Hi Josh,

I would like to pencil this into my calender. I'm new to the forum and have never been in Death Valley (sounds inviting). I've had a TW200 about 3 months now and have very little trail/off road experience so I may be a little slow. Getting there from Los Angeles should be no problem and my 4X4 F250 will get what I need to the camp grounds. Haven't been camping in years but my gear should be in good shape.

Thanks,

John
    TW200 2010,

650 Burgman 2006

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Updates: so here are some of the loops I've done or would like to do

Great loop, going over hunter mountain, hitting lost burro mine, tea kettle junction, then off to race track to see the moving rocks, before heading down Lippencott Rd- then back to south saline and back to Panamint Springs.

Another great loop, comprising Saline Road-salt flats-Eureka Dunes-Steel Pass-w/a stop at the famous Marble Bath (same one in my avatar)-down to Warm Springs (natural hot springs for a quick dip if inclined) on to Bat road before hitting saline and back to panamint springs. Long day but fun.

Haven't done this one yet in one loop, but have been on most of the trails. Inyo Mine-Lees Camp-Chloride City/Cliffs, on to Titus Canyon for some scenic box canyon riding and out. This ride needs at least two-three riders depending on conditions to portage-stablize or offer encouragement getting up a couple steps before Lees camp.

I'll post the Pappose Flat/Armstrong Canyon loop info in a day or two.

Josh

i would like to go i have xt225 and klr650 just did red lake to blue lake sunday was a good ride ride -on jags

Getting closer-bump

looks like fun. enjoy!
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

You know the drill, but I hope to be there.

I really, really wanna do that last loop. But I you're right. We're gunna need some bodies. No sense riding up these solo if you don't gotta. IIRC there are two short but ugly obstacles and the rest pretty much smooth sailing, no?

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by bikerjosh View Post
    Howdy all

thanks

Josh

How many people are going?

Ronnydog

Josh, also interested in an update. What dates did you decide? I might be able to do a Fri-Sun thing. I can get there late, after work Thursday. Rode a BMW R100GS all over that place years ago, would love to do it agian. I remember Racetrack and Titus Canyon, great stuff!
    Those who forge their swords into plows, will plow for those who do not.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links