Fall ride in Albert County, New Brunswick
Close

Like Tree18Likes
  • 8 Post By GCFishguy
  • 8 Post By GCFishguy
  • 2 Post By Peterb

Thread: Fall ride in Albert County, New Brunswick

Fall ride in Albert County, New Brunswick

Awesome solo ride today, 122kms but a lot of it was on rocky snowmobile trails so my arse feels like it was more like 1000kms....

Stopped at a little sort of a park thing...hard to define it. Old pump jacks and farm machinery that was decommissioned in the area and they collected it and made a sort of a park/museum.
    Just before the picture I nearly saw some asshole on a bagger get wiped out. A family out for a drive decided to turn into the parking lot I was in. They signaled but apparently were taking too much time to swing in for Mr Bagger coming behind them to wait, so rather than slow down, he guns it and passes them in the oncoming lane....only reason he didn't get taken out was because the driver saw his stupid stunt and braked hard enough that I saw all his passengers lurch forward.
    Anyway...nobody died, and it was a nice spot to stop at.

20170916_160150.jpg

Someone even built a statue of Bender to guard the fire hydrant....
    20170916_160206.jpg

Honestly not sure what these used to be but they're on the bank of a large (muddy) river....
    20170916_162232.jpg

Every little town needs a water tower...
    20170916_162637.jpg

This was a small junkyard for years..or maybe it was just a guy with a LOT of junk. Either way, if the junk business is slow, just put up a Zombie Apocalypse sign and the paintballers will pay top dollar to crawl around your junk and get tetanus.
    20170916_162829.jpg

And I can't attach more than 5 files per post.. hmm...
    Imgur..?

Found this guy, only thing faster than an '87 TW200... Was going to race but he was pointing in the wrong direction..

One of the things that this area (Hillsborough) used to have a boom with was gypsum. It's a sort of limestone that's used to make gyprock aka drywall.
    There are several gypsum pits, and all kinds of underground tunnels and caves in the area due to pockets of gypsum that just dissolved away leaving caves and sinkholes.

And this is a little lake that was on my list to see, and I finally got a chance to take a ride there. Stanyard lake. Middle of nowhere, when I took this picture the silence almost hurt my ears.

"Just before the picture I nearly saw some asshole on a bagger get wiped out. A family out for a drive decided to turn into the parking lot I was in. They signaled but apparently were taking too much time to swing in for Mr Bagger coming behind them to wait, so rather than slow down, he guns it and passes them in the oncoming lane....only reason he didn't get taken out was because the driver saw his stupid stunt and braked hard enough that I saw all his passengers lurch forward.
    Anyway...nobody died, and it was a nice spot to stop at. "

He probably has loud pipes that keep saving his life eh lol. Ok I'll stop there. Looks like a nice ride Andrew.
    littletommy and Howsbentley like this.

Sponosred Links