Like Tree27Likes
  • 13 Post By Woodscavenger
  • 5 Post By pred
  • 3 Post By admiral
  • 4 Post By Woodscavenger
  • 2 Post By admiral

Thread: Breaking the TW and me in. 40 miles in the Idaho desert

Breaking the TW and me in. 40 miles in the Idaho desert

We headed out west of Boise to the Owyhee region near Jump and Poison Creek. We ran about 40 miles of dirt roads and jeep trails. My boy did about 10. He did good but we swapped when we hit a really nasty downhill section. It was steep, rocky, covered in pea-gravel and moon dust. I even shut it off and used the tranny as a rear brake so I could keep my feet down. Even with that I dumped it once when the front tire twisted out and down I went giving me a nice shin banger as a war wound.

The best part was the Succor Creek overlook. Awesome!! IMG_0934.JPGIMG_0935.JPGIMG_0936.JPG
    2005 TW200

Great day !
    Before folks start it up,
    You will see that everyone will tell you that you need a Shinko 241 up front to help with the traction,
    I wish a had a place as nice to ride as you!
    Nothing epic real close to me, But some nice wooded trails all the same,
    Looks like your TW is well outfitted, Did you buy it like that or do it yourself?
    admiral, Ken, littletommy and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodscavenger View Post
    We headed out west of Boise to the Owyhee region near Jump and Poison Creek. We ran about 40 miles of dirt roads and jeep trails. My boy did about 10. He did good but we swapped when we hit a really nasty downhill section. It was steep, rocky, covered in pea-gravel and moon dust. I even shut it off and used the tranny as a rear brake so I could keep my feet down. Even with that I dumped it once when the front tire twisted out and down I went giving me a nice shin banger as a war wound.

The best part was the Succor Creek overlook. Awesome!! IMG_0934.JPGIMG_0935.JPGIMG_0936.JPG

That's a neat little pond, isn't it? I was there earlier this year. I was in this area shortly after the 2015 200,000 acre Soda Fire. Everything was burnt up so I had to go back. Other than some of the tree's look burnt you can't even tell a fire was here 2 years ago.

Did you go all the way down and across the bridge at Succor Creek. The descent down does keep your attention for sure. Nice trip y'all had!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Yes we went all the way to Succor Creek State Park. Great area to stop and use the facilities and stretch. That descent was not near as bad as the one down to that little desert oasis pond. Sheesh. That was rough!!
    2005 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by Woodscavenger View Post
    Yes we went all the way to Succor Creek State Park. Great area to stop and use the facilities and stretch. That descent was not near as bad as the one down to that little desert oasis pond. Sheesh. That was rough!!
    oh yeah, there is the steep hill on the other side of the dam from where your standing in the picture. I came up the basin.
    littletommy and jtomelliott49 like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Sponosred Links