5 states, 2 T-dubs, one day?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 5 states, 2 T-dubs, one day?

OK. Granted its New England.

Mrs. Trip and I rode out to western Connecticut on the 5th, and camped at American Legion State Forest

Friday, after a late start, we rode from Winstead, Ct north following the Trans Mass Trail. a mostly dirt road route up to Greenfield, Mass.

Got an earlier start on Saturday, and rode the beginning of the Puppy Dog Route, a similar ride that runs the length of Vermont.

We only made it as far as Brattleboro, VT when we started to run short of time. There are only a few places to cross the Connecticut river, so we crossed there into New Hampshire, headed southeast back into Massachusetts, across the center of the state, into northeastern Connecticut before returning to Rhode Island. We covered 184 miles that day and hit 5 of the 6 New England states!
    TWilight likes this.

"Me and Mrs Trip, we got a thing going on"... an on-going adventure...
    Hidden Content

"When Piggies Fly" ...Me & Mrs Trip Cross the Pond
    Hidden Content

"Take the Puppy to the Beach"...a dirt route across southern New England
    Hidden Content

Latest Spotwalla: Hidden Content

That's looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for posting up your pictures of some very beautiful country. I especially like the shots of the bridges. Sure doesn't look too crowded. How many total miles? You're lucky to have your wife as your T-dubbin partner. Next, we would like to see the same trip in the fall so we can see the famous New England fall colors! Thanks again for sharing.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

I'll have to agree with B-dub on every count. Gotta love the company you share, bridges are cool (old bridges are really cool), and I'm sure a Hugh potential for fall colors. Oh, and if no to little traffic. . .bonus! Typically, we don't have the full array of colors on the trees come fall. Not like back east anyway. But I don't want to get ahead of myself, you've got all summer left before you have to worry about fall.Looked like a great ride with a great partner. Thanks for sharing.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Old bridge shots are always cool. I like the "bat" on your headlight cowl. What does it say? It also looks like you have the same dick cepek black grill covering your headlight that I have.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Thanks for the comments. I really am lucky to have a wife who shares a sense of adventure. Our little trip probably totaled about 350 miles over 3 days. I'm hoping to get back to Vermont in the fall...with a few more days, we could have made it to Canada and back.

The bat on my bike says "BatBike" short for "Big A$$ Tire", kind of a local joke about the TW. When I bought that bike, the previous owner had painted it all black matt, so I just kind of ran with it. I think that may well be a Dick Cepac guard on there, I bought 2 pairs, there'sa chrome one on Mrs. Trips bike, black ones on my TW and on my KLR650.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

i would be very interested in getting more info on your routes. come mid-september, my new england adventure begins. heres the plan. two brothers. two tw's. two weeks. start point near cleveland. northeast to mt washington,nh. south/se to coast via maine. into pa, due west back home. camping whole way. we both got our first dubs last november, and have spent the past months gearing up for this trip. last piece of puzzle is seats that will be here in few days. looking to due the same kinda riding that your pics show. sure looks like great riding.
    SeatConcepts,carb mod,Shinko tires,15/50 o-ring chain,custom racks f/r, aluminum luggage,windshield,handguards,heated grips,Clarke tank,high frt fender,led running lights,folding shifter, wide pegs,12v outlets,headlight kill switch,voltmeter,stainless header,2nd brakelight,GPS/phone mount

Sweet riding area you have there. My wife might even try riding a TW again if she could ride in New England. Thanks for the pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by tinman tim View Post
    i would be very interested in getting more info on your routes. come mid-september, my new england adventure begins. heres the plan. two brothers. two tw's. two weeks. start point near cleveland. northeast to mt washington,nh. south/se to coast via maine. into pa, due west back home. camping whole way. we both got our first dubs last november, and have spent the past months gearing up for this trip. last piece of puzzle is seats that will be here in few days. looking to due the same kinda riding that your pics show. sure looks like great riding.

Tinman, check out this link to the trans-eastern trail. TET on Advrider

Lots of material there. If you have other questions, post up. I'll answer if I can.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Your bikes look to be loaded up nicely. Seems like a two person adventure allows for everything to be taken, but neither bike ends up grossly overloaded. It is hard to understand how a solo bicyclist can take an extended trip with a full compliment of gear and still be able to pedal. Here we are with a huge stack of gear making motorbike handling look awkward. It has been a VERY long time since I have done an overnite motorbike adventure. Why is it that 'our' loads are piled so high? This is not to suggest TW folks don't know how to camp. Or that bicyclists are will to spend more money on gear (not sure that is necessary).

Are most of 'us' now a little out of the 'sleep on the trail' mainstream as to suggest our sleeping bags are 4 pound fiberfill instead of 2 pound goose down. Is it that we need a 6" thick sleeping pad to be comfortable over the 3/4" pad we used 35 years ago. Yes, some of this is -tongue n cheek- but what gives, I am really kind of curious.

Rhode-trip, looks like you and the Misses had a very nice time together. Your surroundings looked so greeeen. As I spent my first few years in Saugus, and heard my Dad tell stories about being huddled around a burn barrel in Winter, I know there are pluses and minuses to anywhere we hang our hat....... I will say however, I too would really like you folks to take a trip in the fall and share the pictures with us as well. I would be willing to send some 'gas money' to get the two of you out on the road............. Thanks for the neat post. Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

Neat. Thanks for sharing.
    The value of the internet is that when you're wrong someone will immediately correct you, and when you're right, someone will immediately correct you". Lizrdbrth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links