Geocaching on a TW
Close

While camping this weekend I decided it might be fun to do a geocache. So I made one

and placed it at N44 03.504 W115 24.922 the format is mm.mmm if that matters. If

you decide to go and look for it I used a coffee type can painted black, sliver and some pink

with a yellow lid. Your clue is MY THAT IS ONE BIG STUMP

(The N 44 03.504 is what my gps says, when loaded into my computer it reads N 44.503) I don't

know how far that would throw one off but you need to know that.

Inside is a special treat for the first to find it. Everyone likes free right? So

I included a coupon to a very popular hamburger place in which I may or may not work at.

There is also something TW but not to creative at this point. Otherwise it would not be

a TW cache call it a service reminder item.

It's an easy ride and only a very short

bit of walking. Distance from HWY 21 is maybe 12 miles.

Please sign the log book, and above all else have fun.

If you see this on your way then you are 2/3 of the way there.

or this

Amazing that the trees are thriving on the rocks.

There was also a small black bear sitting on the road on my way back. Before I

could get the camera out he scampered off into the woods.

Congratulations, You picked some beautiful habitat to ride through on your way to the cache. I can't stop taking photos of rock piles like that either. I'll try to edit this response to add a photo (no cache, tho). tom

No cache here but I can give you the coords if you want to try to get there. It can be done on the tw but there's one place where you would have to paddle through some devious rocks. Tom
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

Hidden Content

Central New Mexico

sscooter,

Can't say I'll get to that area this year, but it is a great ride, and I plan on going there no latter than next year. Rode out on that trail a few years ago on my way to, um how should I put it...GFS, which is now a rental. he he!

I think there was a fire in that area a couple of years ago, could you tell? Sometimes hard to tell when there are old burns, like the whole valley where GFS is. Did you get to here:

I will look forward to visiting the cache, and when I do I will put something TW oriented in it.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sscooter View Post
    Amazing that the trees are thriving on the rocks.

That's an amazing nature's power.

I feel myself really small whenever I see those strange powerful nature's faces.

Thanks for the sharing it.

Admiral

I made it to the gate. I don't know if it's normally open. But I could go no further. I suppose

I could of walked but what fun is that. For an area that had a fire it looked good. Your picture is

so much better then mine.

Also on a side note while logged in I took a phone call my little boy took control of the mouse and

started clicking. He did click the little - symbol I'm not sure what it did but I cannot undo it.

So if that was bad, I apologize. If it represents your reputation and is a problem then hit me back. Sorry.

I guess it was colorful and caught his eyes. He loves buttons.

Sponosred Links