The Almost TW200 Oregon Tour
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Back in February when I started planning a week long tour of SE Oregon I was still riding my TW200. I posted about the ride on the old Forum asking if anyone wanted to tag along.

In May I found a great deal on a Suzuki DR350SE and began to plan the ride around that bike. In July, out of the blue, Lonnie offered to buy my beloved TW, I needed the money to finish prepping the DR for the ride so sold it.

Several on here asked me to be sure to link the ride report here so I'm doing that.

I got back from the ride last week and have been working on the report. Almost done so here's the link;

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621997

The TW would have been fine on this trip, but it would have been longer riding days as it would have been slower.

Hope you enjoy.

Tim

WOW, great read. Gerry

Take care my Friend.........

pretty awesome!
    '01 TW200: Tusk D-Flex Handguards w/ Spoilers, Pro Taper Grips, LEDs in Idiot Lights, Headlight Rockguard, Stearns Seat Pad, Oversized Footpegs and a Loud Ass Horn -SOLD
    '91 TW200: Bone Stock

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Hey,

I noticed the eTrex LegendĀ® HCx, can you give a quick review? Was looking for the a solid GPS and would benefit from any insight!

JohnnyB

That's the adventure riding....

Thanks for the sharing it.

Johnny B

I like the GPS. Haven't had any problems with it. It's a small hand-held GPS so there are definitely ones that are easier to see when riding. I got mine over a year ago at WalMart which must have had it mis-marked because I got it for $129. So I really can't complain.

I use the street software not topos. Then I can use it to route when I'm in the car, which I find I use often on car trips.

Overall I really like it, but I've not used others to compare it with. I did try to help a guy with the motorcycle version Zumo. That was a pain. We were trying to zoom into a location and put a waypoint there for him. It just wouldn't do it.

The Mapsource software definitely takes some getting use to. I'm not really fond of it, but it works. The thing I hate about it is that you can't move a waypoint in an existing track. This is a pain if you build a track and want to do some easy modifying to it. But it does work and I've used it on several trips to build tracks that got me where I wanted when the maps were confusing out on the trail.

I believe MrGizmo has the same unit.

Tim

jc,

Sorry to hear the TW is gone. I enjoyed reading your many posts. I missed your TW get together a couple of seasons ago and I hoped I might make one in the future. Congrats on the new ride and thanx for the super link. On a side note, I was up thru Madras ( on a non TW bike) a couple of weeks ago. What great country!! After doing the Crater loop and Train Mountain I continued up 97 and then west on I-84. Whoa, some wind on I-84, it nearly blew my gs and my ass into the Columbia. Anyway, I had a great ride and enjoyed passing thru your neighborhood. Good luck w/ your new adventure, stop back from time to time to say hi. ron

Quote Originally Posted by ReddingRdr View Post
    jc,

Sorry to hear the TW is gone. I enjoyed reading your many posts. I missed your TW get together a couple of seasons ago and I hoped I might make one in the future. Congrats on the new ride and thanx for the super link. On a side note, I was up thru Madras ( on a non TW bike) a couple of weeks ago. What great country!! After doing the Crater loop and Train Mountain I continued up 97 and then west on I-84. Whoa, some wind on I-84, it nearly blew my gs and my ass into the Columbia. Anyway, I had a great ride and enjoyed passing thru your neighborhood. Good luck w/ your new adventure, stop back from time to time to say hi. ron

There are much better roads heading west that I 84...way better. Next time you're heading this way, I'll give you some tips.

Yeah I do miss my TW.

Tim

Thanks for the feedback on the Garmin, see a purchase in my future! Great deal at $129! Most have it listed for $179-229!

Check MEGA GPS for a refurbished unit. That is what I have done on my last 3 gps purchases. Substantial savings with the same factory warranty. Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links