Swamp Creek
Close

Thread: Swamp Creek

While on a camping trip back in July I made several rides in the area. This one is Swamp Creek trail to Marten Lake then headed back to HWY 21 on Trap creek trail.

The begining of the trail as with most forest service trails I have been on around Idaho start out nice and get your hopes up for an easy ride. This ride is no different, ATV's have been widening the begining of the trail, but 1/3 the way through it turns to single track. I have riden it before but with no video. I went back with a Camera this year only to have the battery quit before the ride ended, but the last couple miles are meadow with some flooding and a few smallish hills. The trail was flooded with about 6in of water for a 80 yards or so but it was not soupy so all the water was easy to navigate you just had to slow down so not to take a bath.

[media]http://youtu.be/6Egh5uyzQnM[/media]

There was another trail I went on last year called Warm springs trail, which starts just of HWY 21 and ends at Bulltrout. Both ends of that trail are very deceptive also. Starts super easy then next thing you know it's time to get your Mountain goat skills on. I bent my shift lever on a huge rock I never saw coming on that ride couple of other guys had flats. No video but maybe in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by sscooter View Post
    While on a camping trip back in July I made several rides in the area. This one is Swamp Creek trail to Marten Lake then headed back to HWY 21 on Trap creek trail.

The begining of the trail as with most forest service trails I have been on around Idaho start out nice and get your hopes up for an easy ride. This ride is no different, ATV's have been widening the begining of the trail, but 1/3 the way through it turns to single track. I have riden it before but with no video. I went back with a Camera this year only to have the battery quit before the ride ended, but the last couple miles are meadow with some flooding and a few smallish hills. The trail was flooded with about 6in of water for a 80 yards or so but it was not soupy so all the water was easy to navigate you just had to slow down so not to take a bath.

[media]http://youtu.be/6Egh5uyzQnM[/media]

There was another trail I went on last year called Warm springs trail, which starts just of HWY 21 and ends at Bulltrout. Both ends of that trail are very deceptive also. Starts super easy then next thing you know it's time to get your Mountain goat skills on. I bent my shift lever on a huge rock I never saw coming on that ride couple of other guys had flats. No video but maybe in the future.

That looks like a great area. Thanks for the video. I am not familiar with either of those trails. I have ridden from Warm Springs to Bulltrout lake. I think the Forest service has closed that area now because of the big fire in that area.

Happy Trails All

Ron in Boise

Nice video Scooter. Looked like some rough country and a real challenge. It appears your camera lens really 'plays' with the image a lot. I was waiting for your backend to slide out since it frequently looked (to me) like much of the trail was very narrow and sloped to the down hill side. Good that you had a companion or two. Thanks. Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Great ride video. I've ridden some of the trails more westerly from the Marten/Bull Trout Lake area on our Mules. In one area we dropped down into the river canyon. I was petrified on the mule, no way I'd have the guts to try it on the TW. A couple of motorcycles passed us, they got guts!

Shortly after I got my TW back in 2005, I attempted my first trail near Sagehen Reservoir to Tripod Lookout. Got hung up on a tree root and fell over near the beginning of the trail. I turned around a quit. Looks like a ton of tree roots as well as rocks on the two trails you were on.

Again, enjoy the video, thanks for sharing.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Sponosred Links