Tdub on the Rubicon (top of bowl to Loon)
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    We had to earn our first beers of the day, the fun way. After this ride, it was game on! This is the actual trail, coming back from the top of the "bowl" to the trailhead at Loon Lake. Including Alligator Trap and "The Gatekeeper". Tons of fun, and the TW did great! Rock crawln tractor!

http://youtu.be/SNQtWkIV3cw
    Those who forge their swords into plows, will plow for those who do not.

That looks like fun! A bit of a workout, but fun!

I like the parts where you laugh maniacally.

And why is your TW so quiet?

Haha... yeah, its not "kick'n back" thats for sure. But the TW was great, really tracked nice. It however fully exposed the FOR SHIT front suspension on these things. As such, I'll be working on making that better in short order. The rear end was great with the Blaster upgrade. Thanks.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Loppy View Post
    We had to earn our first beers of the day, the fun way. After this ride, it was game on! This is the actual trail, coming back from the top of the "bowl" to the trailhead at Loon Lake. Including Alligator Trap and "The Gatekeeper". Tons of fun, and the TW did great! Rock crawln tractor!

http://youtu.be/SNQtWkIV3cw
    You guys are incredible.................. How do you have your dub set-up???? Tires/gears etc...OMM.

Don't know Jeff. Think I will need to wait till you break a few more bones (just kidding) . From the little that I saw, I would be inclined to say, 'that is one tuff ride. I would certainly agree, the TW suspension was not designed with that 'trail' in mind. Glad you really enjoyed yourself. Pretty country for sure.... Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

Quote Originally Posted by omm View Post
    You guys are incredible.................. How do you have your dub set-up???? Tires/gears etc...OMM.
    Ha. I bought the TW the weekend before we went up. It was its first ride really. Its bone stock but for a Blaster shock mod a high front fender. Stock 15/50 gearing (which was plenty low). Mods are commencing!

Quote Originally Posted by mrgizmow View Post
    Don't know Jeff. Think I will need to wait till you break a few more bones (just kidding) . From the little that I saw, I would be inclined to say, 'that is one tuff ride. I would certainly agree, the TW suspension was not designed with that 'trail' in mind. Glad you really enjoyed yourself. Pretty country for sure.... Gerry
    It sure is great country. Keep an eye out for a spring TW gathering/Rubicon run (fire roads and easy trails optional). hehehe...

Wow, that's some ruff stuff! I can see why you would want all the suspension you could get. Cool, thanks for shooting the video and posting it up for us.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

I'm always amazed at how ruff that area is when I see the video's and pictures. The ride may be slow, but you're sure gonna get a workout. Looks and sounds like you had a fun time.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Surprised you kept your mirrors on. Did you ride your Tw to the Rubicon or truck/trailer it there? When I truck mine someplace I leave the mirrors in the truck. I've been to the Rubicon but just drove and snow stopped us near loon lake. Always wanted to ride the Rubicon so I would be game for a TW ride there. I'm from the Sacramento valley so would truck in the Tw so don't wear myself out getting there and back. (just noticed your from fair oaks. I'm in Woodland just across the Sac river)
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Two or three years ago, maybe four, I rode (along with some friends on their TW's) my TW from Loon Lake to Lake Tahoe and then back to Loon Lake via Hwy 50 and Toll House Rd., or whatever it was called road. You can get by with moderate riding skills but you have to be in really good physical condition. Fatigue was my problem. Aching legs, aching arms, my hands would cramp up and I couldn't open them. And take water, candy bars and Tylenol. I didn't but they were gifts from 4X4er's and it made a huge difference.

If you only do one thing, get some strength in your legs. You will be standing on the pegs for a long time in some very rough terrain. Unbelievably rough terrain for miles and miles.

I have to add it was a great ride and a ton of fun and I look back on it now and I am very glad I did it.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links