Cornshield Road Trip 2017
Close

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree457Likes

Thread: Cornshield Road Trip 2017

Cornshield Road Trip 2017

Yes, I'm back on the road again for the 3rd year in a row. . . .

The only concern at the moment is that my bike is not running perfectly, after searching for 3 weeks it looks like the cause of the problem is a faulty CDI, and I cannot wait for a month for Yamaha South Africa to import a new one from Japan so I decided to go ahead with the road trip, but I'm taking it easy with the bike.

Why did I go ahead with my road trip? I've been looking forward to this for the whole year and the problem is small enough for me to handle at the moment.

A new coil and spark plug cap improved the performance but my bike is still hesitating lightly when I'm cruising, the upside is that around 6000 - 6500 rpm the bike goes fine with about 80-90% power delivery, so I stay in that range when cruising which means that I travel at about 60 - 70 mph with my 15/42 sprocket combination which is OK with me

I had a very busy year so I decided to start my road trip at the same place where I went last year because this is the ideal place to unwind, so I travelled the 230 miles to Amphitheatre Backpackers which took me about 5 1/2 hours with more than an hour in the driving rain with a lovely strong crosswind blowing over the road.

Upon arrival I was pleasantly surprised to find a group of 8 bikers from Durban on a weekend getaway and as usual they were astonished that there is someone who is actually touring with a TW200

1 Yamaha Super Tenere, 1 KTM and 6 BMW's in total

Early this morning the guys had to start packing and head back home

In the meantime yours truly had 3 mugs of coffee and 2 mugs of tea (no joke) to recover from the previous day and to look bright-eyed and bushy-tailed again . . .

1990 Yamaha TW200Hidden Content _____________ Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. - Matthew 11:28
    Hidden Content

Mooi, man! (South African for “nice, man!” or “well done, man!).
    Last edited by Cascade Rider; 12-03-2017 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Translation of South African slang
    Cornelis, littletommy and SanDue like this.

Go Corn Go!!
    Cornelis, Elvesus and SanDue like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Your going to have to pee!!!! A lot!!!!

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Tom - Just imagine working a 12 hour shift where you are working in a busy restaurant, then go home and try to get 5 hours of sleep, then get up and work non stop for 4 hours trying to fix your bike and to pack for the road trip at the same time and then to get onto the bike for 5 1/2 hours hoping you will make it to your destination before night and praying the bike will make it all the way. . .

What do you get? A severely dehydrated person waking up the next morning!
    Mel, jtstdub, littletommy and 2 others like this.
    1990 Yamaha TW200Hidden Content _____________ Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. - Matthew 11:28
    Hidden Content

Sounds like you deserve a well earned rest.
    Best wishes for the CDI to hold up.
    You going to play with any of the wildlife you encounter? Attachment 141530
    Cornelis, littletommy and SanDue like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelis View Post
    Tom - Just imagine working a 12 hour shift where you are working in a busy restaurant, then go home and try to get 5 hours of sleep, then get up and work non stop for 4 hours trying to fix your bike and to pack for the road trip at the same time and then to get onto the bike for 5 1/2 hours hoping you will make it to your destination before night and praying the bike will make it all the way. . .

What do you get? A severely dehydrated person waking up the next morning!
    Oh I understand you being dehydrated. Not sure 3 mugs of coffee and two mugs of tea is what the doctor would have ordered though!

Tom
    littletommy and Cornelis like this.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Cornelis and the five cup challenge

I have to ask, after those five cups that morning just how far down the road did you get before dashing into the bushes?

Also, it probably didn’t bother you too much that the petrol tank required frequent stops on the way north.
    littletommy and Cornelis like this.
    God made mud. God got lonesome. So God said to some of the mud, "Sit up!" "See all I've made," said God, "The hills, the sea, the sky, the stars." And I was some of the mud that got to sit up and look around. Lucky me, lucky mud. I, mud, sat up and saw what a nice job God had done.
    Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

I had my 5 cups after the long trip bro, and I'm travelling South not North!

After a tough year I'm using this first week just to unwind and relax and the only work I'm doing is on my tan which is non-existent at the moment.

Laying next to the pool or on a comfortable sofa with a good book is my main activity

What book am I reading? What I saw at the revolution by Peggy Noonan, wow, really a fascinating book, I'm enjoying every page!

Check out the the lovely scenery

Last edited by Cornelis; 12-04-2017 at 12:25 PM.
    Hidden Content

Lucky Dawg...

Cornelis and SanDue like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links