2018 Summer Colorado Group Ride Proposal
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: 2018 Summer Colorado Group Ride Proposal

2018 Summer Colorado Group Ride Proposal

We have seen spring rides in Utah, winter rides in Arizona, summer and fall rides in the Sierras plus Texas’s Big Bend but nothing convenient for those in the heartland.
    How about something in the Colorado Rockies? Could the tremendous beauty and riding opportunities there temp folks to plan a summer outing to meet other TW fans?
    Not that I am suggesting that any individual take responsibility to fully host a group ride but surely someone would like to take pride in showing off some of the Rockies beauty and offer to guide.
    Don’t be shy otherwise life just passes us by.
    admiral, littletommy, Mel and 14 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

I'd likely be down with that. Lived there for years, but did not ride there. Lots of range in land there too, from dry sandy scrub, lush alpine and high altitude. Colorado has it all. Love to hear from the Colorado riders where to go for a group.
    2013 (old stock bought new by me in 2015), 700 miles as of May 2016, 14/55 with DID o-ring at 50 miles, Cyclops 3800 LED, superbright.com tail/brake LED (1157-R45-T: 1157 Red), superbright.com turn signal indicator (BA9S-G4-32-12VAC: Green 32 Degree 12V), ebay bark busters, ebay wide footpegs, manracks with rotopax, 1 gal rotopax, plasti-dip on all plastics Oct 2015, ebay mirror extenders, 80% trail/20% road, ALL maintenance per manual, BY ME ONLY (more freq. oil changes, reusing orig. filter)

Maybe something like Mosquito pass outside of Leadville?

Camp down low by Mosquito Lake?
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I’m going to be in Ouray sept 13-15 for a Jeep jamboree. Planning on being there at least a week early to adjust to the altitude.

We we will eventually head to Quartzsite in mid oct when the temps drop off. So will be killing time somewhere in the region.

i will have the tw, atv, and Jeep with me. I’m real careful after tipping the tw over and it landing on top of me. My leg was swelled up for 7-10 days before the intern injury finally burst. I hit a small 4l rock the bounced me into a 12” rock, and it stopped me dead in my tracks going down hill at about walking speed.

That was my first wreck ever at 70 years old. That video looks like more of my atv or Jeep ride.
    Last edited by rmartin; 12-23-2017 at 10:56 AM.
    ejfranz, putt-putt, Fred and 3 others like this.

It took me a few seconds to realize that was not a TW. First thought was, Fred you're pushing it up that hill. The front tire doesn't look right. That's not Fred.
    If we were to do that road it would be at a more leisurely pace.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

I do not pretend to know Colorado.
    Would be nice to explore more than just a taste on a motorcycle.
    littletommy, Ken and jtomelliott49 like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    I would love to get a taste of Colorado as well. It's not in the cards for 2018 most likely, as it's a pretty good haul from the Seattle region. I'd love to do a 2+ week trip where I could fit in Colorado in conjunction with a Moab stop. September seems like it would be the time of year, IDK?
    ejfranz, littletommy, Ken and 2 others like this.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

colorado

Quote Originally Posted by lrppcer View Post
    I would love to get a taste of Colorado as well. It's not in the cards for 2018 most likely, as it's a pretty good haul from the Seattle region. I'd love to do a 2+ week trip where I could fit in Colorado in conjunction with a Moab stop. September seems like it would be the time of year, IDK?
    hi its don from milwaukee i would be in not to far for me aug or sept are the only times to ride there I have been there in early sept crested butte area stayed at cement creek free camping in that area or there is a primative campground no showers or power just out houses we spent a week there never saw the same trail 2 times its the same as leadville some of the stuff is really hard but fun one trail was called block and tackle google it you will see the fun also some people get sick from the alltitude
    ejfranz, littletommy, Ken and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by lrppcer View Post
    ...... September seems like it would be the time of year, IDK?
    I do. The first week of September tends to be great, but by the end of September there is a good possibility of snow in the high country. Two years ago I got chased out of Silverton by a foot of snow on the 21st. I bugged out to Moab where it was still 70. Definitely do Colorado before Moab!
    littletommy, Tweaker, Ken and 3 others like this.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Would be close for me, but not sure of work schedule. Only one year on this job, actually only about nine months. I don't know anything about m'c trails there, but my buddies and I do a fishing trip north and west of Gunnison yearly, the young'uns have rented four wheelers and did trails up around Taylor Reservoir. They had fun. I fished with the older guys.lol When the fishing was slow, I thought about my TW on the back roads and trails.
    littletommy likes this.
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links