First Ride with another TW200 Forum Member - Santa Clarita, CA
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: First Ride with another TW200 Forum Member - Santa Clarita, CA

First Ride with another TW200 Forum Member - Santa Clarita, CA

Hey folks! Met up with forum member Blake this morning for a little fire road ride on his side of the valley. Got a good chuckle when I pulled up to see his 2016 TW200, almost a mirror image of my bike. We took a number of dirt roads and fire roads from Castaic to Valencia through the mountains. Lovely ride. I need to work on my downhill technique (slowing down first) as I washed out twice in loose dirt. Blake has upgraded springs in his front suspension, which he feels helps keep the weight transferring to the front wheel. I'm gonna give that upgrade a try. On coming down the mountain we dead-ended in a fenced in wash and had to do a hill climb up and around the fence. My T-Dub only made it half way before the rear tire dug a deep hole and got stuck. Blake helped me lift out of the hole and walk the bike up the last bit of hill. Then he stomped over the hill on his TW like a pro. Gotta say I'm lucky to have a more experienced rider to hit some trails with and help pull you out of a bad spot. We're looking to grow our little Santa Clarita Valley group, so if you're near by give us a holler. Here;s a couple of pictures from the day. Can you spot the differences between our TWs?

IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg

Looks like a great day!
    You have different rear racks, someone has a front rack, one left the rear reflector on, one has a Jimbo shield, one has a tool tube and one has a seat concepts seat, one a rear bag other a tank bag...and of course different owners ;-)
    Ken, littletommy, admiral and 6 others like this.

Ken
    Sounds like a great time. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Good to hear that you were able to connect up with Blake. Looks like some nice country you found to ride in!

Next time you see him, tell him I said Hi (he's a former NorCal Nutjob who moved south).

Thanks for the comments. Ah yes, Blake mentioned something about a large number of Nut Jobs up there. I'll surely say hello for you. Good observation skills Donzo. I didn't notice the rear reflector difference. There's also one difference between the 2016 and 2017 not mentioned...
    littletommy, maddawgj and Blake like this.

Different front tires + skid plates
    Last edited by littletommy; 12-17-2017 at 08:44 PM.
    Donzo and Blake like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

Hey Guys, yes we had great ride! Nick rode great. Due to the recent high winds light sand had built up on the trail in several areas making down hill sections very tricky. Nick was just the lucky guy leading when they were encountered.

Brian, good to hear from you. Looks like the Norcal Nutjobs are still going strong! Be great to hook up with you guys on a ride again.
    TW-Brian, littletommy and maddawgj like this.
    2016 TW200

Welcome back Blake!!
    maddawgj and Blake like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks Blake. I do need to start crashing less, however nicely you put it. Correct on the tires and skid plates, littletommy. There’s still the major stock difference between the 2016 and 2017...silver tank stripe on the ‘16 and gold stripe on the ‘17. The 30th anniversary stripe. Yippie. Oh, and Blake’s got bar upgrade vs my risers. And diff handguards. And he’s jetted his bike, but you need a super sharp eye for that.
    Last edited by Nick-Digs-Cali; 12-19-2017 at 04:00 PM.
    littletommy, maddawgj and Blake like this.

the Coastal Empire (i.e. islands outside Savannah)
    Nice, there’s something so great about looking at another TW on a ride. I used to have two other ones to ride with here and for some reason it just makes the ride better that they are also on a Dub.
    Forever grateful for all your help brother
    2005 TW wrecked in ‘14 and rebuilt in ‘17. ‘06 donor parts and new OEM, Carb jetted & shimmed, ‘04 XT225 gas tank, UNI air filter, Shinko 241 front, modded Krator pegs, IMS folding shifter, JT 14/47 sprockets, huge car horn, tool tube, DR8EIX plug, short rear signals, Cycleracks rear, All Balls steering bearings, Protaper ATV High bars, OEM Kickstarter with more to come...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links