First trail ride
Close

I had been wanting to hit the trails since I got my bike a couple months ago but just hadn't made it happen until tonight. I went out on the trails but I was not ready for the serious stuff. Some incline/decline areas looked way dangerous, as in go over the hillside and lay in a valley for a week. I don't have the guts or skill for that just yet. I did find a nice little area with whoop-de-dos and ring-a-dings some fun high-walled banks. The whoops were my favorite part. I was hardcore grinning when I pulled back onto the butter-soft pavement. feelsgood.gif

I'm budgeting for a gopro, so I might have some video of my next time out in the forest.

Shasta County - In the Shadow of Lassen Peak
    Quote Originally Posted by snakefoot View Post
    I had been wanting to hit the trails since I got my bike a couple months ago but just hadn't made it happen until tonight. I went out on the trails but I was not ready for the serious stuff. Some incline/decline areas looked way dangerous, as in go over the hillside and lay in a valley for a week. I don't have the guts or skill for that just yet. I did find a nice little area with whoop-de-dos and ring-a-dings some fun high-walled banks. The whoops were my favorite part. I was hardcore grinning when I pulled back onto the butter-soft pavement. feelsgood.gif

I'm budgeting for a gopro, so I might have some video of my next time out in the forest.

Up/down hill ridding can be intimidating. Find yourself a nice short but steep spot like a ditch bank next to a road to practice on. Ride up and down until you get comfortable - keep off the front brake at low speeds down hill - then find less steep but longer down-hills/up-hills and increase your comfort zone. And enjoy the adrenalin rush!

Shasta County - In the Shadow of Lassen Peak
    Welcome to the brother/sisterhood BTW .

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    I went up there with a buddy over the weekend. Just keep riding the little mule, and having fun!

- Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

Sponosred Links