A spin through the Saguaro forest
Close

I took a quick spin today through Saguaro National Park West today. There was very little traffic which made for a nice relaxing ride. I stopped off on the West side of Gates Pass to snap a couple of pics and thought somebody might enjoy them.

2011 TW200 - Sold - after 9700 miles and 1,000,000 smiles. So long Tee Dub!
    2012 KLR650
    - Sold
    2013 Tiger Explorer XC
    2014 CB500X - RRP L3

Shasta County - In the Shadow of Lassen Peak
    Quote Originally Posted by DonBenito View Post
    I took a quick spin today through Saguaro National Park West today. There was very little traffic which made for a nice relaxing ride. I stopped off on the West side of Gates Pass to snap a couple of pics and thought somebody might enjoy them.
    Yup. I did enjoy them. That looks much like the Mojave around Palmdale, CA - that is the Joshua Tree National Forest there - more of them than the Saguaros.

i spent a couple of hours wandering around there once, looking for birds. i had a rental car though, not as exciting. beautiful area, thanks for sharing!
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Pictures like that do make me miss the desert. I love the openness of it all.
    The value of the internet is that when you're wrong someone will immediately correct you, and when you're right, someone will immediately correct you". Lizrdbrth

Flingwing - The Saguaros are actually pretty thick, the crumby camera on my old cellphone just doesn't do them justice. The ones close to the road seem to die off for some reason, but if you could see the far-off desert floor in higher definition you would see that there's about 1 saguaro for every 12 ft2 or so! The yucca of Cochise county, AZ are reminiscent of the Mojave Joshua trees. I hope to tour that beautiful desert in the not-too-distant future!

joe band - I saw a gorgeous male Pyrrhuloxia on my ride up Reddington Rd. yesterday. I always look forward to the annual return of the Phainopepla that sets up shop in our desert mistletoe-riddled palo verde tree, and the annual influx of great-tailed grackles that makes Tucson their seasonal home.

retmotor - When my relatives from back East visit (usually during the dry, brown late autumn or early winter) they always ask me if I miss the "greenness" of the Southeast. I love the stark openness of the desert valleys, and the pine and hardwood forests of Southern Arizona's sky island mountains too. More to the point though, I love the 300+ days of sunny riding weather here in Southern AZ!
    2011 TW200 - Sold - after 9700 miles and 1,000,000 smiles. So long Tee Dub!
    2012 KLR650
    - Sold
    2013 Tiger Explorer XC
    2014 CB500X - RRP L3

Usually, my snowbird parents spend part of the winter in the Phoenix area. Wife and I were thinking of coming to visit them this upcoming winter and possibly bring the TW with. Alas, my parents are not going this year. So, I'll have to live my winter dream desert southwest rides through your posts. Thanks for sharing.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Sponosred Links