Hollister Hills OHV
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I finally went to Hollister to try out my goggle cam and ended up going down a trail that if I knew what it was like wouldn't have gone but after having done it I think I will try it again. It wasn't so bad.

When I play back the video on my computer or make a DVD it is very clear. When I uploaded to Photobucket and played it back it wasn't so good. Any suggestions? What am I doing wrong?

BTW, I really like single track riding on my TW. Relatively slow pace and easy riding. I go in the middle of the week to avoid the crowds.

Edit: Post 12 (scroll down) has better YouTube version.

Click on picture to play video.

Long live the internal combustion engine!

It might just be Photobucket and not you. I just read a post where a member advised using YouTube for that very reason.
    The value of the internet is that when you're wrong someone will immediately correct you, and when you're right, someone will immediately correct you". Lizrdbrth

My thought is, the Photobucket download is at very low resolution. Not sure how that is controlled exactly. Most to the time on You Tube, my videos play at 420 (?) and that seems ok. Visually 320 is pretty marginal and likely that is what Photobucket defaults to. Watching your video from a DVD or plugged into your tv is WOW, just like being in the movies. HD is crystal clear but takes longer to download and of course requires more memory. It gets easier the more you do, but I am still 'light-years' away from Mr. Bigwheels presentations.

Looked/sounded like you had a nice ride. I was kind of surprised that an area that dry would be open. Perhaps it was the camera lens that made it appear you were a lot closer to the grass than you were as the trails looked very narrow. Liked it when you made a few sounds yourself. Kind of completed the vision of 'man and machine enjoying the great outdoors'. Thanks..... Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I've been to Hollister a couple times, what trail is that?

I was at Carnegie yesterday w/"joe band".
    Not all men are capable of greatness, but all possess toughness.
    2001 TW a mod or two maybeHidden Content

Great video, I would not see much with that narrow single track! I would be staring at the track the whole time.

Great vid. Thank you. Did you go back up it or??

Cool video.Nice trail...not much room for error!
    09 DL650 V-Strom "Function over Form at a Superior Price"
    09 DR650 "Hooliganizer"
    03 TW200 "No Road---No Problem"
    81 Z50 "Just Because"
    98 Honda Valkyrie "Fast as [email protected]&K"
    02 Tw200 " Camouflaged Redneck Edition" Sold to Son-in-Law
    73CT Trail90 "The most fun you can have under 100cc's" Sold. Had an offer I couldn't refuse.

Nice vid Tony. Glad the goggles worked out. I was waiting for your first video. Like others have said, try uploading to you tube and then post it here and we can see the difference.
    A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
    -Ronald Reagan

Fun! I've been meaning to try Hollister but a bit far away for a day ride. Would need to camp over and heard they have hot showers.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

That looked like a fun single track trail and the video goggles seemed to do a pretty good job. I had ridden some minor and short distance single track before, but earlier this year Ron in Boise introduced me to some more strenuous single track trails that took a good bit of concentration. In the beginning my pucker factor was pretty high, but I started to get the hang of it and enjoyed most of what the trails have to offer. However, there are always those difficult part of the trails too!

Like some others have mentioned, my experience with the quality of video loaded in photobucket is not good. Though it has taken a bit to figure out, I started a youtube account and that seems to help with the quality a lot.

Thanks for sharing
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links