Trip to Baker Lake
Close

Well all started out ok. We left my sons house Thursday evening around 7pm knowing we would be setting up camp half way in the dark.

We rode for about 2hrs before we realized we had been on this road last year deer hunting. So then I remembered a nice spot next to a pond, so we headed there.

This is what it looks like in the day time.

Day 2 We got up and packed up for the hour and a half or so ride up to Baker Lake.

Here are some pics along the way.

Sorry things my get sappy.
    A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
    -Ronald Reagan

It was here we stopped to call in with the wife’s and let them know everything was going ok. It was during this cal that my wife told me she was taking

my dog into the vet (she’s been having some problems for about a month or two) Now you must know that this little dog was very special to me as my wife and kids gave her to me for my 50th birthday Aug 19th.2008 By the way this date is Aug.19th 2010 anyway I told her I would call later when we got cell service again.

We made it to Baker Lake stopped by the dam at the bottom of the lake.

We rode on up the road to find a camping spot, and found just what we were looking for and setup camp

Took some time and did some fishing.

A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"

-Ronald Reagan

So at this point camp is setup and the weather is getting better by the minute. But something does not seem right, just got that feeling.

Well we decided to pack up and head back camping at a spot we found on our way. We made it to the same spot that we had cell service and called home. Talked to my wife and she was bawling her head off trying to tell me she had to have my dog Camy put down. It was all I could do to calm her down. She just kept saying she knew how much Camy meant to me. Not knowing what to say I told her she did the right thing if she was in that much pain. So now my weekend has turned a 180. Talked to my son and we decided to head to our camping spot. We got there in about a half hour. I could not stop thing about the decision my wife had to make. On my birthday no less. It has really taken me this long to sit and write this RR because I really miss that little dog, we had come so far with her hunting skills and all. This was going to be a great year for her and I bird hunting. Told you it might get sappy. Here is a pic of Camy when I got her.

Here she is with her best buddy Daisy my youngest son’s lab that we also lost this summer when she got out and was hit by a car. So this summer has been a real bummer.

Well back to the ride report, we decided not to camp Thursday night and just rode home and spend Friday with my wife.

Now Friday was just weird I didn't know what to do with myself. So I called my son and asked if he still wanted to go fishing on Sat. and so we took off for the day on sat. And he and I just spent the day fishing. Came home that night unpacked the TW's on Sun.

So Jim V. I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, and your right it is not like me to not post as soon as I get back. That's part of the fun of this community, sharing our TW adventures.

Tracy

Camy 5/3/2008-8/19/2010

-Ronald Reagan

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

so sorry to hear about your loss.
    '01 TW200: Tusk D-Flex Handguards w/ Spoilers, Pro Taper Grips, LEDs in Idiot Lights, Headlight Rockguard, Stearns Seat Pad, Oversized Footpegs and a Loud Ass Horn -SOLD
    '91 TW200: Bone Stock

So sorry to hear about Camy, that kind of loss is rough under any circumstances.

Believe it or not, I recognize your camping spot! I was in it for a week and left it a few days before you got there. Just goes to show you how small the world really is! The picture of the stump by the lake was the giveaway, I went through the pictures of the trip this year and found pretty much the same shot. If I'm right this would be a mile or two before the road ends up at Baker River - right?

It doesn't get any better than this!

Saskia and I don't have any kids, but have very much enjoyed the companionship of our pets. Their distress or demise hurts in a very real way. Seems time heals and memories sustain........ Take care. Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

Nice story and photos.

Liked those relaxed fishing photos at the lake...

Thanks for the sharing.

Sponosred Links