Great time of the year!!
Close

I went up to the Cedar Hollow area this morning, approx 1.5 hours east of SLC, UT.

I had never riden in this area before but had always wanted to try it, the trails are very rocky, and as is the case with alot of the trails around SLC, wether you are hiking, mountain biking or riding a motorcycle they are either going up hill or down hill....not alot of flat riding.

I was surprised that more of the leaves had not started to change, there were a few that had, but the majority were just on the edge of getting some good color going.

I then saw this sign zip-tied to a tree with the trail next to it blocked with a recently felled tree....I walked up the trail about 50 yards hoping to see the bear trap, but thought better of it and turned back.

I did drive down the pavement alittle ways to get a picture of the river that runs along side the road for a while.

On the way home, I saw these big fellas out enjoying the day as well.....

Thanks for checking out the ride report and have a great weekend.

you didn't want to come up face to face with a bear? ya yella? LOL. When I'm riding in the boonies with my quad or tw I usually try to stay close to the machine. I figure if a large bear or mountain lion comes out then they won't like the looks of the quad or tdub and leave. Looks like a fun place to explore.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

I was just there. Well, only to the trailhead out of Kamas.

Wasn't sure what it was like up there so I figgered 700 miles away from home was a bad place to bend the bike.

Thanks for the pics. Now I see what I missed.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

lizrdbrth - I saw your ride report! Looked like a good time. Next time you get out this way be sure and let me know, I would love to get out on a ride with some fellow T-Dubbers.

Quote Originally Posted by importmech View Post
    you didn't want to come up face to face with a bear? ya yella? LOL. When I'm riding in the boonies with my quad or tw I usually try to stay close to the machine. I figure if a large bear or mountain lion comes out then they won't like the looks of the quad or tdub and leave. Looks like a fun place to explore.

Ha! I first thought.."That would be cool to see a bear in the trap, get some good pictures...." then my second thought was..."what if he's cranky and has not made it into the trap yet?!?"

great pictures looks like a pretty good trail really like the pictures of the buffalo i maybe next time we will see some pictures of a bear ha ha cheers

Nice.
    The value of the internet is that when you're wrong someone will immediately correct you, and when you're right, someone will immediately correct you". Lizrdbrth

Rocky indeed... And likely more technical than it appears. I would have to say that the Buffalo picture left me wondering how it would be seeing thousands grazing on the plains before you. Best of all, you had fun, and you took pictures........ Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

Sponosred Links