House Hunter's in Mineral Idaho
Close

With a rare kid-less weekend, wife and I finally made it back to the old mining ghost town of Mineral, Idaho after short visit without stopping on Memorial Weekend 2010. I've been back a couple times snooping around, once on my own in December 2011, Dec. 2011 Ride Report here and last February with 2 of my son's Feb. 2011 Ride Report here.

Back in 2010, we drove in our pickup truck along Brownlee Reservoir (Snake River) bordering Oregon and Idaho. Though we ended up at Mineral, we passed on through without stopping and drove on up over the snow covered ridge so we wouldn't have to drive past the reservoir again. So off we went...

Set up a quick camp along side the road above and to the east of Mineral

We left home late in the afternoon, but had a little daylight left for an evening ride. . .

Nice little trail section through the tree's

Well, just like in high school, we stayed out a little later than planned and our evening ride turned into a night ride

With what feels like the entire state on fire, there are some fire restrictions in place, so here we enjoy an improvised campfire when we got back to camp

Next morning we headed on down the hill to do some house hunting in Mineral. Found these fixer-upper's when we arrived

After house hunting, we drove around for a few more hours to some of the spots I've visited in the previous ride reports. We had a fun time, just the two of us.

Weekends are too short!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Great looking area....that house looks like a money pit however, you may want to keep looking!

I told my wife to take our house off the market........................ (o; OMM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I really liked your campfire Kris. Kind of cute. Looks like you and the Wife had a great outing. Phobia's; the word does not sound like much. I can say, it changes a simple activity as perceived by some into a real nightmare in the mind of others.... Boy I hope before the season winds down, I will make some time for getting into the hills. Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

That "fixer upper" is about a half million dollar house in the SF Bay Area -- depending on the neighborhood it could go for more.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Glad to see you and your wife got to spend some quality time together in the great outdoors. My goal has been to get out and camp at least once a month. Unfortunately that's not working out too well right at the moment, so I appreciate you sharing your adventures. It looks like you're enjoying the new camper. I'll bet it's nice to just hook up the trailer, load the toys, and when you get to camp have all the conveniences of home. I would be in favor of a 2 day work week, and a 5 day weekend if only we could make that work somehow!
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

Quote Originally Posted by B-dub View Post
    Glad to see you and your wife got to spend some quality time together in the great outdoors. My goal has been to get out and camp at least once a month. Unfortunately that's not working out too well right at the moment, so I appreciate you sharing your adventures. It looks like you're enjoying the new camper. I'll bet it's nice to just hook up the trailer, load the toys, and when you get to camp have all the conveniences of home. I would be in favor of a 2 day work week, and a 5 day weekend if only we could make that work somehow!

Camper has been a addition. It's so much easier on my back, now that I don't have to lift-n-load camping equipment into and out of the truck every step of the way. Most likely we've gotten out camping more this year since getting the camper than we would have otherwise.

I sleep so good now!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by mrgizmow View Post
    I really liked your campfire Kris. Kind of cute. Looks like you and the Wife had a great outing. Phobia's; the word does not sound like much. I can say, it changes a simple activity as perceived by some into a real nightmare in the mind of others.... Boy I hope before the season winds down, I will make some time for getting into the hills. Gerry

Hi Gerry,

At first I thought the wife was kidding when she said she was afraid of water. But for her it's a real stopper, so I've learned to make some route adjustments on our trips, though it's hard to avoid water completely up here. For her part, the wife tries to not let the small streams/creeks bother her. She says if she can see the bottom through the water, she feels more comfortable.

Yes, I hope you can get out on some rides. I'm missing your video's!

Sponosred Links