TW Season Opener-Team 200 vs. Owyhee Front
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree307Likes

Thread: TW Season Opener-Team 200 vs. Owyhee Front

TW Season Opener-Team 200 vs. Owyhee Front

First, lets meet the players:

The visiting Team 200: Admiral, ejfranz, TWScoob, TWejfranze, XTSquirrel and DT200ejfranz

Home Team: Rocky, Rutty, Sandy, whoops, Single and Two-track.

This will be a very tough competition between two very determined teams to fight it out for the next three days.

Mrs. Admiral is up nord spending time with the college girls so I was on my own. I think I did pretty well food wise. Italian Sweet Cream coffee creamer and a mason jar of um...a refreshing apple-roundup apple juice type after ride back healing drink. (Thank you Joemama name for the idea at the Boonville gather last year).

After day 1 ride I did make mention of how uneven the ground was. Could be the enhanced Apple-Roundup contributed to the uneven ground effect.

Last edited by admiral; 02-20-2018 at 08:50 AM.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Popcorn ready.... i'm betting on the visiting team (but i bet it was a close fight with many good punches landed by the home team)
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

In order for all of us to maybe become a member of a winning team, perhaps you could share with us the recipe for the apple roundup.
    Beauty is as beauty does.
    If it works good, it's beautiful.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I suspect it has something to do with the effects of freezing off excess water …….
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

1st Inning

We hit the ground running swiftly after the first pitch

Team 200 during pregame warmups

TWejfranz and ejfranz heading to the batters box

Team Owyhee Front threw us a curveball when it came to the weather. We put too much temperature protection on and after a brisk run to first base we needed to shed some of this clothing.

Safe at first. We made it to our initial destination. I've been here a few times. The only difference now is the lack of Juniper Tree's behind me. The BLM has contracted to have thousands of Juniper Tree's removed/cut down for Sage Grouse (a bird) habitat. Apparently, with warmer temperatures for many years, Juniper Tree's have expanded and taken over much of the sagebrush ground. Juniper tree's soak up much more water than sagebrush and the sagebrush are dying off. The sagebrush is a food and shelter source for the Sage Grouse. I like riding through the tree's but I get it. Thankfully, the tree's are still at the spring and make for a good picture.

Old rock building foundation next to the spring.

We then steal second base and ride down to an old miners cabin area.

Because of some disturbance in the outfield (apparently a naked lady was chasing the stadium mascot around trying to get a kiss) we decided to take a short break here.

After play resumed, we got some timely hits and easily made it to 3rd base at an old but still in use cowboy cabin owned by the Joyce Ranch. 1865 ? Joyce Livestock Company* ? Sinker Creek | Owyhee Cattlemen's Association. https://goidaho.com/joyce-ranch/

They welcome folks to use the cabin. It's been several years since I've last visited the cabin and I think it's in better shape than in the past. This place is fairly easy to get too and I'm so happy it's been well taken care of and not vandalized by moto-recreationists. This is on the Joyce Ranch Property and keeping places like this in good condition by users, allows us continued use to ride across their property.

There was even a couple cans of beer waiting for us should we have needed it. We passed on the beer as it's not a good idea to run the bases after drinking adult carbonated beverages.

ejfranz sneaks into the Owyhee Fronts dugout to see if we can find any team game plans. Didn't find anything useful

There is a very nice Yogi Berra and Booboo picnic table for us to use for a quick Scooby Snack.

Nice old corral. I think this was Team Owyhee's bull pen for relief pitching.

From here we easily round 3rd base and know we've scored a couple runs.

Final Score after the 1st Inning. I think I can safely say

Team 200 - 2
    Team Owyhee Front - 0

Sneak Preview of Inning number 2
    Last edited by admiral; 02-20-2018 at 09:39 AM.
    Purple, Fred, Tweaker and 13 others like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by joeband View Post
    Popcorn ready.... i'm betting on the visiting team (but i bet it was a close fight with many good punches landed by the home team)

It was a battle for sure. I don't want to give up the final score but I can easily say we did not hold Team Owyhee scoreless!

Quote Originally Posted by Rider21 View Post
    In order for all of us to maybe become a member of a winning team, perhaps you could share with us the recipe for the apple roundup.
    Mrs. Admiral does most of the cooking so I'll have to find out from her what recipe she used. The recipes can vary greatly but the effects are usually the same.

Tweaker, Fred, Joemama and 7 others like this.

Most impressive! You two are an inspiration to get out and ride like the wind....well, maybe break wind.
    admiral, Tweaker, ejfranz and 5 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    I suspect it has something to do with the effects of freezing off excess water …….

What ya mean? Just cause some of our relatives look like this don't mean...

Some more pictures of our first day.
    IMG_20180209_120536.jpg
    Home for the weekend. Admirals hootch only lasted the first night and he did share a bit of it. The Recipe needs to be shared as it is like drinking apple pie!
    IMG_20180209_125130.jpg
    Tiddy Springs
    IMG_20180209_131131.jpg
    First Cabin
    IMG_20180209_140320.jpg IMG_20180209_140327.jpg
    For those of you who have ridden with me, you will know I cannot resit a hill climb. Kris and I separated for a bit as I climbed a rutted path that continued to this lookout. Kris took a different path thinking it would connect, but never did and we met a bit later near where we separated.

We are part way through the first day with much more terrain to cover. Sunset is hours away.
    Last edited by ejfranz; 02-20-2018 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Forgot to be in advanced when I started posting/
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links