Got Leaves?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got Leaves?

Got back down to Central UT for 3 days at the end of last week and it could not have been more perfect riding weather!

Some of the trails were "difficult" but the scenery was "easy" on the eyes...even though the pictures dont do it justice I will let them do the talking on this ride report.

I almost did not want to carry my camera, I would only drive 100 yards and there would be a scene you just had to take another picture.

I agree. I came from the Salmon river area of Idaho down through Lava Hot Springs and on into Utah last weekend and was bedazzled by the Oaks (rust reds) running down the ravines and topping out the yellower aspens. The frost and drought all added up to a spectacular fall color season. It made southern Colorado look bland.

Sorry for the crappy photo (shot from the car and through the smoke that followed us from Seattle through Washington, Idaho, parts of Montana, and the northern half of Utah. The color is there. I wish I had been riding too. Tom
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

Hidden Content

Central New Mexico

I hear ya on the camera. I'm wondering if the GoPro or others can take snapshots of where your helmet is pointed. Really cool idea would be a remote button by the horn.

Look & click!
    Stephen S.

'07 TW200:

15/50 sprockets, O-ring chain, D2Moto foot pegs

tweaked carb (127.5 jet, 0.019 needle shim, idle screw @2.25),

Rubbermaid "Action Packer" on homemade brackets

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Beautiful area! Did you try any of the black diamond trails?
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

great pictures it is a great time of year to ride we have had a month of rain here in nova scotia the puddles would be like lakes now hopefully october will be dryer would like to get out again and enjoy the fall colors cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Beautiful area! Did you try any of the black diamond trails?

I did ride several of the "Most Difficult" trails, approx 80% of a given trail will be fairly straight forward and not too bad, there will be several spots that are steep and generally very rocky that you have to pay attention to, same on the down hill version.

I am always impressed what this TW can do...just put it in 1st and take your time and it will crawl up almost anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    Some of the trails were "difficult" but the scenery was "easy" on the eyes...even though the pictures dont do it justice I will let them do the talking on this ride report.

I almost did not want to carry my camera, I would only drive 100 yards and there would be a scene you just had to take another picture.

I am glad you carried you camera - those are some beautiful photos. Looks like a perfect place to ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    Got back down to Central UT for 3 days at the end of last week and it could not have been more perfect riding weather!

Great Riding! I was down on the Wasatch Plateau from 9/13 to 9/20. Even though I lived in Colorado for 20 years I had never explored this area.... Dumb!

Fantasic Fall colors and not very many people...gotta go back there next year. Especially the Skyline Drive!
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Very pretty photo's. I bet that was one heck of a nice ride.

Thanks for sharing.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Very nice tree colors and does look like a nice spot to ride. Were still waiting for fall here in Cali. Supposed to hit high 90's and maybe even 100 today. Thought about riding last weekend but waiting for cooler temps before I bug MrGizmo and see if he's up for a ride again. Thanks for the pics....
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links