Rich Mountain Rendezvous 2018 - Sept. 13-16 - Mark your calendar!
Close

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By skase98

Thread: Rich Mountain Rendezvous 2018 - Sept. 13-16 - Mark your calendar!

Rich Mountain Rendezvous 2018 - Sept. 13-16 - Mark your calendar!

WHAT: Rich Mountain Rendezvous 2018
    WHERE: Mena, AR
    WHEN: Sept. 13-16, 2018
    WHY: Benefitting CASA of the Ouachita Region
    INFO/REGISTRATION: www.rmr4casa.com

Early Registration through August 1: $45
    After August 1: $50

We are hard at work preparing for the 19th year of the Rich Mountain Rendezvous based at Queen Wilhelmina State Park in Mena, AR.

This is an extra special Rendezvous that we dedicate to the memory of Steve 'The Prof' Johnson, originator and tireless leader of this event, and staunch supporter of CASA of the Ouachita. With Steve at the helm, the rally grew in size and caring each and every year. The more people who participated, the more children could have a CASA volunteer to help navigate the foster care system. Steve's favorite words - "It's about the kids!" - are in all our hearts. With your participation, we'll keep helping those children Steve often called the keepers of the future.

We have our usual slate of great food, live entertainment, RMR yard sale and auction "barn", and beer and wine tasting available. Thanks to the fun everyone had and Lee (SwampFox) volunteering his time, we expect another dirt ride for Friday and a tiddler run on Saturday with all the ceremony every athlete who pushes beyond the limits can receive, like the "No, I Don't Need Gas *sputter die*" Award.

We have two polls on the website - rmr4casa.com - that you can take after you log in to help us decide on this year's Rendezvou shirts. We've also streamlined registration so you can choose all your options on one screen and can prepay camping as well if you wish.

What we really would love most of all is your presence. Please join us for a fantastic weekend of food, friends, and fun!
    admiral and plumbstraight like this.
    '03 TW200 - QuasiMoto, the king of wheeee!

Tiddler to the Top / Rich Mountain Rendezvous 2018

Once again, we are planning a Tiddler to the Top for small motorcycles & scooters during the 2018 Rich Mountain Rendezvous, a great rally where the CASA folks keep us well fed and entertained.

We are planning both on and off pavement Tiddler rides:

Friday, September 14th - Rider's Meeting at 8:30am:
    Friday's Tiddler is planned as an on/off pavement group ride- I plan to lead on our TW. The route is ±95 miles, with a gas stop at ±15 miles, a lunch break at ±60 miles & a gas stop at ±65 miles. Off-pavement miles will be groomed NFS/county roads. All riders are invited to join us - our pace will be amenable to Tiddler bikes. We'll plan to return to camp by, say, 3pm. Compared to last year, I plan to shorten the morning route so we can incorporate the off-pavement afternoon return route.

Distance from Last Gas Stop on Friday to 1st Gas Stop on Saturday is ±75 miles.

Saturday, September 15th -Riders Meeting at 8:30am:
    Saturday's Tiddler is a planned as a self-guided ride (same route as last year, but with route sheets readily available) heading West twds Oklahoma. The primary route is ±127 mile paved road route with a gas stop at ±40 miles and gas/lunch stops at ±80 miles. However, there are a some options for side trips to see old bridges and/or ride across the dam of a small lake. There will also be an true short-cut thru the woods for the adventurous that cuts off 12 miles - suitable for T-Dub's.

It is proposed that, for Saturday, we form small groups of similar size bikes to ride together. The route is not difficult, but can present a challenge for the smaller/older bikes due to the elevation changes. We should all return to camp by, say, 3pm to rest up for the evening festivities. As of now, I'm thinking we'll bring up my Honda MB-5 and Mrs. SwampFox's Zuma 50F for this Saturday Tiddler, but I may yet decide to ride the TW on Saturday as well.

This rally is lots of fun, and the Tiddler offers a unique opportunity to ride the area with similar size bikes. Please let skase98 or me know if you have any questions. Hope to see you there.
    Lee
    2001 TW200
    2013 CRF250L
    1982 MB-5
    1998 R1100GS/CSM Sidecar
    2012 Zuma 50F + 2006 Burgman 650/Texas Ranger Sidecar <<Mrs. SwampFox's Scooters

Quote Originally Posted by SwampFox View Post
    ...Friday's Tiddler is planned as an on/off pavement group ride.... Compared to last year, I plan to shorten the morning route so we can incorporate the off-pavement afternoon return route
    Last year we tried to ride up a to the peaks of a couple of small mountains to old firetower locations, but both were closed by the Forest Service, I suspect due to erosion concerns. So this year, we'll try to follow the upper end of the Cossatot River on our morning ride, with the potential of a side trip to the peak of Eagle Mountain.
    Lee
    2001 TW200
    2013 CRF250L
    1982 MB-5
    1998 R1100GS/CSM Sidecar
    2012 Zuma 50F + 2006 Burgman 650/Texas Ranger Sidecar <<Mrs. SwampFox's Scooters

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

This sounds like a fantastic event. Too far for me but so jealous of the ride.
    Happen to be in AZ. right now doing a "kid-at-college-drop-off". Wish I could stay till the RDZ but my bank account won't have it. HaHa.
    2008 Vespa 150"S" (Elec & Kick Start)
    2007 Ural Patrol (2WD, Elec & Kick Start)
    2006 Yamaha TW200 (Elec & Kick Start)
    1995 BMW K75 (Elec Start)
    1991 Honda XR250L (Kick Start Only)
    1986 Yamaha BW200ES (Elec & Kick Start)
    1969 BMW r60/2, US Model (Kick Start Only)

Quote Originally Posted by stagewex View Post
    This sounds like a fantastic event. Too far for me but so jealous of the ride.
    Happen to be in AZ. right now doing a "kid-at-college-drop-off". Wish I could stay till the RDZ but my bank account won't have it. HaHa.
    Next year...
    '03 TW200 - QuasiMoto, the king of wheeee!

Sponosred Links