Like Tree14Likes
  • 3 Post By floridaboy
  • 2 Post By jbfla
  • 5 Post By Badgerflorida
  • 1 Post By Gulfrider
  • 3 Post By CaptD

Thread: Crooms Motorcycle Park

Question Crooms Motorcycle Park

Hi, I live in Hudson,Fl. and would like to know if any of you have rode Crooms with your TW200's. If not were else could a person find a good place to ride? I have also thought about trying the Chassahowitzka Wildlife Management Area. I was told if the motorcycle has a tag it can be ridden in the park on the fire roads. Has anyone rode there?
    littletommy, Ken and Gulfrider like this.

Haven't ridden Crooms, but have ridden parts of the Withlacoochee Wildlife Management Area (mostly sand roads...not a lot of fun for me).

You need a permit to ride in there, available from the office in Brooksville.

I have read about motorcyclists riding in the Ocala National Forest, but haven't done so myself. Also mostly sand roads

Most of my off road riding is in NC.

Try asking on Dixie Dual Sports.

DixieDualSport

jb
    littletommy and Ken like this.
    2018 Triumph Street Twin..............2016 CB500F
    2014 XT250 ..................................2008 H-D Softail Deluxe
    2008 SV 650..................................2007 DR 650..

I rode at Crooms years ago on a KX250 and a CRF230. I think a TW would do better than most because much of it is loose sand. Read up on sand riding before you go. I liked the park a lot but it often got crowded. The folks with paddle tires did well there. Riding in loose sand is very tiring, especially in the heat.

I taught more than a few people how to ride there. I do not recommend loose sand for beginners looking to practice. I taught people there because of the soft landings.

Crooms was the only public off road riding spot I found while I lived in St Pete. I was fortunate to have friends with private land.

I encourage you to find local riding forums or groups. Good way to meet people with access to private land. Cheers

PS - Welcome to the forum!
    littletommy, Ken, jbfla and 2 others like this.
    01 SOLD
    96 SOLD
    89 restored SOLD
    89 (restoration in process)
    05 (restoration in process)
    03 SOLD
    04 in great condition

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by floridaboy View Post
    Hi, I live in Hudson,Fl. and would like to know if any of you have rode Crooms with your TW200's. If not were else could a person find a good place to ride? I have also thought about trying the Chassahowitzka Wildlife Management Area. I was told if the motorcycle has a tag it can be ridden in the park on the fire roads. Has anyone rode there?
    https://www.freshfromflorida.com/Div.../Where-to-Ride
    jbfla likes this.
    2005 TW200
    2007 Sportster 1200

Thanks for the info. I did not research the areas to ride enough before i bought my TW. I thought there would be more places to ride were i live. I will most likely end up selling my TW and stick to my road bike.

I have ridden at Richloam WMA, just did a rally with DixieDualSport on the TW. The TW was great, a bit squirrelly in deep sand. I have been to Bone Valley in Mulberry and enjoyed it, they have recently expanded as well.
    I am I and I may not know why but I know that I like it. Dr. Seuss
    15 TW, 06 Ural Patrol and 89 Honda Transalp

Don't sell the Dub. Just bring it up to Tennessee when I'm up there and we'll ride with the locals. Perhaps JBFLA or Longroof will show us around.

You just missed (1st weekend of March) the best dual sport ride of the year. And its just East of you. The Devils Creek Dual Sport and Adventure Ride sold out this year in less than 48 hours. Its a national event that is sanctioned by the AMA and riders from all over the US and Canada come to Florida for it. Its part of Bike Week which is almost 3 weeks long. Visit Dixie Dual Sport, Florida Trail Riders and ADVrider.com for more info on where to ride. South Florida is the worst place to ride dual sport. I haul my TW out to the Everglades to ride dirt roads. The next Dual Sport event is the Hootch in the northern GA mountains. No sand, hard ground, a few water crossings and a steep mountain or two to climb. Ocala National Forest is fun with LOTS of sand on the north side of 40 and a little less sand on the south side of 40. Don't ride there when its hunting season. CaptD.
    littletommy, jbfla and BillPacific like this.
    2011 WR250R
    2007 TW200
    2007 KLR 650

Sponosred Links