Road trippin
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Road trippin

Well the ol Jim and i made it from Mooresville IN to Charleston WV trouble free today on our voyage. If the weather holds out we should be going by the new river gorge bridge tomorrow and maybe a bit of the blue ridge pkwy. It was a bit nippy "33" this morning. Im glad he let me borrow a heated vest and thank you tusk for the cheap mittens. More pics to come hopefully

Glad to hear things are going well for you, and looking forward to seeing and hearing more about your voyage! Where's the popcorn eating emoticon?
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

Looking forward to the rest of this report!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Well we made it to the new river gorge bridge today! It started raining about the time we got there. I had to lay down to even get part of the bike in the pic and most of the other pics were to dark. We then took 39 all the way to Lexington VA. An awesome road it was and im sure its beautiful when its not foggy and raining all day. lexington is a neat town with nice rolling hills and really cool old houses in town and a nice military university. Hopefully some pics of town tomorrow.

You have to love my tank bag! Its a kids backpack that i decided to try and strap it on at 1:30am the morning we left. Its actually fits really well.

We are down here in townsend tn give us a holler .Maybe we can meet up.So far we seen 10 bears 1 wolf more rack bucks than we can count 1 wild boar hog.Went over the mountain yesterday an seen some elk an some of the bulls were bulging.

Touring in a metro.. Its alot like touring on a tw. I seen this car by the new river gorge and its loaded to the gills and its from Montana.

We took state road 39 to Lexington were we stayed over night then back up 39 to 252 then 606 to 56 up to the blue ridge pkwy. All of these roads were beautiful and twisty. To bad it was raining/foggy/cold most of this part of the trip. Here are a few pics on the blue ridge.

Looking over these clouds/fogg was awesome.

It pretty much rained all day Sunday and Monday so we dropped off of the Parkway and stayed in lower ground so we could see. We stayed in jefferson nc the next night and from there i dont remember the next few road but we ended up taking 151 "pisgah highway" back up to the parkway and what a killer curvy road it was. Its about like the gap but going uphill to the parkway. We stayed on the parkway almost to cherokee and hit the Heintooga ridge road which runs into Balsam mountain road which is 28 miles of tight twisty gravel road. Part of it is one wayso you have to go the way we did. We had more fun flying down this gravel road than anything. If

You get down by Cherokee its a must do loop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links