Clearlake to Stoneyford ride.
Close

Had a fun ride with Joemama sunday. 1 1/2 hour drive with truck and the black widow in back to Joe's place near clearlake. Lots of charred hillsides from big fire awhile back. Factory rack broke where it attaches at back of seat early into our ride. We were able to wire and bungee it together to continue our ride. Think my fuel pack and saddlebags is just too much weight for it. Gonna get nice cyleracks rack and was only going with factory rack cuz it was on bike when I bought it. Saw alot of bear tracks and one bear. He jumped in the bushes and was gone pretty quick but was a good sized one. Ate lunch at Letts lake and headed back on a different route. Joe showed me the super double secret passage way from stoneyford to Indian valley reservoir (barlett springs road) that I had looked for 3 times. I would have never found it.....now I'm one of the very few who know this guarded secret....lol. Joe let me ride in front most of the way and this puzzled me because he really knows this area and was getting all the dust. Then about 3/4 the way thru the ride a light bulb went off. I'm the bait. If I come up on a pissed mama bear with her cubs then as the old joke goes, he only has to outrun me, not the bear. 100 mile trail ride and cool that Joe has Stoneyford basically in his back yard. For those who have never been to stoneyford, its Norhern California's premier riding area. This place is huge! When you ride at stoney, you make damn sure you have enough fuel and can ride all day without seeing another rider. They have nice waxy maps at ranger station and well marked trails. Thanks Joe and let me know when your ready to go again!

Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Looks like a great area! thanks for sharing.

Looks great!

One of these days I will join you guys for a ride.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Beautiful area to ride. Wish I was closer so I could join in.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Beautiful pics! Looks like it would be a very enjoyable area to ride in with all the trails and beautiful views. Thanks for posting up!
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

WOW, Goat Mt., I started up that years ago with two gals and we were on bicycles. One gal was kind of 'busty' and wore a bra type top. After the first group of motorbike adventurers passed us, I knew her attire was way beyond appropriate for our adventure. I finely had the nerve to suggest that bouncing boobs and being out in the middle of no-where were not a good combination. We turned around with the thought of doing this route another time when 'all' were dressed more appropriately.

Looks like a nice route. Did not think you would get that high into the trees. The area is expansive and offers LOTS of options. Any more pictures? Thanks for going for us . I'll be sure to get with you guys the next time, but would like to see 'that hill' first......... Gerry

Take care my Friend.........

i went up there last year with my dad, before i got my t-dub, i was on a ct90. i'd like to try it again with a bit more power. a beautiful area for sure!
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Mr Gizmo. Funny that you mention bikes. We saw bicycle tracks. Joe was pointing out bear tracks and so after that we were watching for tracks. I have a handy little animal tracks book I'll bring next time and see if we can ID tracks during the ride. Sorry, no more pics. Just wasn't really in the pic taking mood and Joe didn't bring a camera.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

I'm liking the hourglass on the gastank of the Black Widow.

I had been on these forest roads many times in the past. I have never seen as much bear sign and tracks as on this ride. Miles and miles of tracks. We do have a healthy Black Bear population. We had one around the house for about an hour on Wed.

Sponosred Links