Labrador and Newfoundland in a 4Runner with a TW200!!
Close

Like Tree36Likes
  • 12 Post By Sno Dawg
  • 2 Post By Elvesus
  • 2 Post By Fred
  • 4 Post By Sno Dawg
  • 5 Post By Dubster
  • 3 Post By Peterb
  • 2 Post By Sno Dawg
  • 4 Post By Sno Dawg
  • 1 Post By Fred
  • 1 Post By Dubster

Thread: Labrador and Newfoundland in a 4Runner with a TW200!!

Labrador and Newfoundland in a 4Runner with a TW200!!

Labrador and Newfoundland in a 4Runner with a TW200!!!

The wife, dog and I are heading up to Labrador and Newfoundland with the truck and our Tepui roof top tent.
    * We entered a contest for Tepui roof top tents called Tepui Year of Endless Adventure.
    ** 20 - 24 days in the Canadian north woods!!

Motorcycles - 4x4s - dogs - moose - icebergs - logging roads - roof top tents

Check out our video, watch it on YOUTUBE and please hit "like" if you do.

We will be bringing the TW200 for fun around camp!!!
    2017112616423685-IMG_9437-XL.jpg

Here is our glamping set up.....
    2017082018281931-FullSizeRender-XL.jpg

Teeth to the wind,
    Sno Dawg and Sno Wife
    2006 BMW HP2 Enduro • Gravel - named 2G -Toogee
    2006 BMW HP2 Enduro Dirt - named 2D - Tootie
    2012 Yamaha TW200 • FATBOY

Good luck! Sounds like a great adventure.
    littletommy and ejfranz like this.
    John in Nanaimo

2013 TW200 - with Shinko 241 front tire, Rox 2" anti-vibe risers, Polisport Touquet handguards, homemade wind deflector, Manracks utility rack

Outstanding! Plus with the Tupui will will have good shelter from any rains. Have fun and keep us posted.
    littletommy and Elvesus like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Fred and Elvesus - we are really hoping to do some backroads exploring, riding and fishing with the bike and truck. I have to say that with the roof top tent and side awning, it is a nice basecamp to come back to camp to at the end of a day playing in the woods.

Teeth to the wind,
    Jeff - Sno Dawg
    ejfranz, Tweaker, Elvesus and 1 others like this.

Wow. Thats going to be a great trip!! I have had my TW all over the west coast of NFLD and around Labrador. My wife and I spent the entire month of July exploring NFLD last summer with our travel trailer. We absolutely love the place and it's people. IMO the TW is the best bike to explore the backroads over there. Seems to me you have the perfect set up.
    I'm not sure how steadfast your route is but there is a really nice diversion to the Trans Canada highway between the Highway480 to Burgeo and the town of Buchans up along Lloyd's River and Red Indian Lake. Really nice alternative to the highway. Wherever you go there will be so much to see, do and enjoy!! Please keep us updated with picts.
    PS I had a German Wire Hair Pointer some years ago. Great gun dog and super intelligent pet with a rather unique personality. Enjoy your travels!!
    Last edited by Dubster; 04-05-2018 at 01:09 PM.
    09 DL650 V-Strom "Function over Form at a Superior Price"
    09 DR650 "Hooliganizer"
    03 TW200 "No Road---No Problem"
    81 Z50 "Just Because"
    98 Honda Valkyrie "Fast as [email protected]&K"
    02 Tw200 " Camouflaged Redneck Edition" Sold to Son-in-Law
    73CT Trail90 "The most fun you can have under 100cc's" Sold. Had an offer I couldn't refuse.

Wow nice setup. Toyota and Yamaha at least you have pretty well eliminated mechanical issues from your holiday. I'm hoping to at least take a ride up to Labrador City this summer.
    Sno Dawg, littletommy and ejfranz like this.

Thanks Peterb,
    We should actually have some time to explore Labrador rather than just shooting through to get to Newfoundland. I figure about a week at least in each. I have spent a lot of time in Maine so other than eating some lobster at roadside shacks, we will probably blast home once we hit the states!.

Take care,
    Jeff - Sno Dawg

Quote Originally Posted by Peterb View Post
    Wow nice setup. Toyota and Yamaha at least you have pretty well eliminated mechanical issues from your holiday. I'm hoping to at least take a ride up to Labrador City this summer.
    littletommy and Peterb like this.

Hey Dubster,
    Thank you fo the recommendations. That is exactly what we are looking to do. My wife and I always take the backroads, explore the smallest towns and look for bakeries and little food stops to hear what to do from the locals. We love traveling in Canada because everyone is so welcoming and proud to share the secret local spot and what to do in their area. We have met the nicest people in the smallest bakeries, food stops, yard sales etc.

We plan to keep threads updates on our trip and pictures, but understand that we will be off the grid for most of the time.

Teeth to the wind,
    Jeff - Sno Dawg

Quote Originally Posted by Dubster View Post
    Wow. Thats going to be a great trip!! I have had my TW all over the west coast of NFLD and around Labrador. My wife and I spent the entire month of July exploring NFLD last summer with our travel trailer. We absolutely love the place and it's people. IMO the TW is the best bike to explore the backroads over there. Seems to me you have the perfect set up.
    I'm not sure how steadfast your route is but there is a really nice diversion to the Trans Canada highway between the Highway480 to Burgeo and the town of Buchans up along Lloyd's River and Red Indian Lake. Really nice alternative to the highway. Wherever you go there will be so much to see, do and enjoy!! Please keep us updated with picts.
    PS I had a German Wire Hair Pointer some years ago. Great gun dog and super intelligent pet with a rather unique personality. Enjoy your travels!!
    Last edited by Sno Dawg; 04-08-2018 at 05:21 PM.
    Fred, littletommy, Dubster and 1 others like this.

What, not taking a canoe?
    littletommy likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Sno Dawg the route I suggested Is remote with nothing but wilderness, a hydro dam and cabins between Burgeo and Buchans. There is one of the nicest provincial campgrounds(https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...wzTvdZ9Rvj6sUG) we have ever camped in next to the town of Burgeo which is also worth visiting but like a lot of places in NFLD remote with one way in and one way out and may be too far out of the way.
    Both times I did the Red Indian Lake route I was riding my TW and it was passable at that time by bike or 4x4 although some of the bridges were in need of some repairs. You may already be aware but there is a motorcycle forum (https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...v2GVFyXtMEB4L7) that is a wealth of knowledge about motorcycling in NFLD @ Labrador and they would be able to give you more recent reports on the road conditions over there.
    littletommy likes this.
    09 DL650 V-Strom "Function over Form at a Superior Price"
    09 DR650 "Hooliganizer"
    03 TW200 "No Road---No Problem"
    81 Z50 "Just Because"
    98 Honda Valkyrie "Fast as [email protected]&K"
    02 Tw200 " Camouflaged Redneck Edition" Sold to Son-in-Law
    73CT Trail90 "The most fun you can have under 100cc's" Sold. Had an offer I couldn't refuse.

Sponosred Links