Spring Moab 2019 - The Empire Strikes Back!! - Page 61
Close

Page 61 of 63 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 LastLast
Like Tree2190Likes

Thread: Spring Moab 2019 - The Empire Strikes Back!!

rain.jpeg
    I had almost forgotten how badly camp had dissolved after the heavy rains.
    Fortunately everyone went home safe and uninjured.
    We did have some mechanical failures and breakages, and a couple of loaner bikes saw some use. I loaned out a spare carburetor to Wandering Larry and when that didn't work to fix his bike we just but him on Mr.Gizmo and we all went riding.
    TrialRun I believe destroyed his chain but fortunately the local shop was selling pre-stretched 428 chain. We campfire-side cynical wags came to conclusion that "pre-stretched" meant "used".
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Sounds like u had a good turnout, mostly good weather and less crowds (better time of year.) Wished I had planned more for it than just getting away from the Great White North. Next year perhaps.
    littletommy and SanDue like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    rain.jpeg
    I had almost forgotten how badly camp had dissolved after the heavy rains.
    Fortunately everyone went home safe and uninjured.
    We did have some mechanical failures and breakages, and a couple of loaner bikes saw some use. I loaned out a spare carburetor to Wandering Larry and when that didn't work to fix his bike we just but him on Mr.Gizmo and we all went riding.
    TrialRun I believe destroyed his chain but fortunately the local shop was selling pre-stretched 428 chain. We campfire-side cynical wags came to conclusion that "pre-stretched" meant "used".
    Wish I had known, I had two chains ready to go in my toolbox.
    SanDue and littletommy like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SanDue View Post
    What's he thinking? He's trying so hard not to place his muddy feet flat on that clean carpet. Ha.
    Dirts A Flyen SanDue
    What I’m thinking is “so much for having new boots” …..
    littletommy, SanDue and Tweaker like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 5000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007

And less we forget – the Sandue duo also provided a souvenir of the visit – the now legendary “Moab Hat”

CIMG5039.JPG

Not content to use “old stock”, these hats are unique to each year, and handed out freely to those in attendance. A small thing you might think, but to those who have them, they become a “badge of honour”, yet another example of the unselfishness surrounding the event ……

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 5000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007

We want a picture of you wearing it. I seem to get a couple of them a year from Dan and Sue and love them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    And less we forget – the Sandue duo also provided a souvenir of the visit – the now legendary “Moab Hat”

CIMG5039.JPG

Not content to use “old stock”, these hats are unique to each year, and handed out freely to those in attendance. A small thing you might think, but to those who have them, they become a “badge of honour”, yet another example of the unselfishness surrounding the event ……
    SanDue and Tweaker like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I got one of those hats from “Doc Nuke’em” that year, but another is always welcomed – somehow I think I “earned” this one

And if you want to see a pic of me wearing it – tough – although you seem to already have a pic of me wearing those donuts you sent (so the rumours tell me), and I promise to post any pics of me in the hat in the future, (mostly on holiday)

As you said Tommy, it’s all about the pictures and the stories – so let them loose ……
    littletommy likes this.

You did indeed "Earn" the hat, and I "tip" my "Unearned" hat at you for going!!

I'm innocent, Mountain Yawp is responsible for the donuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    I got one of those hats from “Doc Nuke’em” that year, but another is always welcomed – somehow I think I “earned” this one

And if you want to see a pic of me wearing it – tough – although you seem to already have a pic of me wearing those donuts you sent (so the rumours tell me), and I promise to post any pics of me in the hat in the future, (mostly on holiday)

As you said Tommy, it’s all about the pictures and the stories – so let them loose ……
    SanDue likes this.
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Little Tommy, we've got to get you down some year if only to sniff the flowers , enjoy camp life and the comradery that goes along with the group.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

I've been there a few times Fred 20-25 years ago when I could still ride a bike.

I'm OTH now though. I'd end up staying in camp or visiting between the 2 camps and not a whole lot more. It would be great to visit all of you though. I'm jealous.
    Purple, ejfranz, admiral and 3 others like this.

Sponosred Links