Yesterday's Weld & Ride
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Yesterday's Weld & Ride

Yesterday's Weld & Ride

After many delays and postponements due to lame excuses like having to work and a broken wrist, the stars were finally properly aligned for me to visit my good friend Joemama yesterday so he could repair my busted rear frame. Using a much beefier crossmember (courtesy of VanillaGorilla - thanks again Axel!) Joe was able to make the necessary repairs so that it is now better than new.

IMG_0259.JPG

Joe also helped me out with a few smaller welding projects like adding a larger foot pad to my sidestand and my very own Crescenthammer (inspired by Admiral - thanks Kris!).

IMG_0254.JPG

Next it was time for a shakedown ride to stress test the welds and also my newly healed wrist. Here are a few pics of Joemama's spectacular backyard on a beautiful Northern California afternoon. This is a shot of Clear Lake above the city of Lucerne on the left.

IMG_0250.JPG

Here is a shot looking down on Spring Valley.

IMG_0251.JPG

And finally, Joemama - thanks for fixing my bike, a great ride and a great day!

IMG_0253.JPG

(p.s. to Joeband - you missed a great ride, but I splashed through a few mud puddles in honor of you!)

Nice repairs/upgrades and beautiful riding area.

Tears of joys from Idaho. You're gonna love the C.H. I like the idea of the kickstand extension as I need to get that done for my TW. We've traded inspiration.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

fantastic news brian. I had totally forgotten about that project. Looks like it fit well! That factory cross member is a joke if you plan to use it for any sort of rack. I dont have the time or I would offer, but I think someone should make and sell that piece like the one I made. you could even make a little jig to send with it that located off the gas tank bolt or something so one could just set it up and weld it on without having to measure or anything. also what tank bag is that? I want one to keep a few goodies to access without getting off.
    93 tw. running like clockwork
    225 6 speed complete!
    82 honda gl500 silver wing. sold to a new home 11-24-17
    03 ducati monster 800sie. full rebuild and a danger to the public Hidden Content for sale

... and a great shot of your bike next to Fugly, with half a joemama... i think the other half is his good side.

sorry i missed the fun and puddles, next time i hope the stars and tread align.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by vanillagorilla1 View Post
    fantastic news brian. I had totally forgotten about that project. Looks like it fit well! That factory cross member is a joke if you plan to use it for any sort of rack. I dont have the time or I would offer, but I think someone should make and sell that piece like the one I made. you could even make a little jig to send with it that located off the gas tank bolt or something so one could just set it up and weld it on without having to measure or anything. also what tank bag is that? I want one to keep a few goodies to access without getting off.
    Those are some Mad Dog ATV tank saddlebags that I got from Cabela's Bargain Cave a few years ago. They work great for holding a few first aid items, a sandwich and a couple bottles of water.

Thanks for coming up Brian. I needed a day to relax. Need to do this much more often.

But now your bike weighs as much as a Harley.
    Phelonius

Quote Originally Posted by TW-Brian View Post
    Those are some Mad Dog ATV tank saddlebags that I got from Cabela's Bargain Cave a few years ago. They work great for holding a few first aid items, such as a sandwich and a couple bottles of water.
    Fixed for you .....
    TW-Brian likes this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Scenic pictures are gorgeous. A Blessed day for you to be riding.
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links