• 2 Post By Fred
  • 2 Post By TopPredator
  • 2 Post By scotti158
  • 2 Post By jonnyquest
  • 1 Post By JerseyJeeper
  • 1 Post By admiral

Thread: Sand - Sun and Wind

Sand - Sun and Wind

Well not exactly, today was more like cold wind and sand. But I really like that title and I may add more videos to this thread later where the sun was leaking through..

I went out for about 50 miles off road to test dubby and the go-pro to make sure there are no issues with them for next weeks ride at green mountain. Well a slight issue cropped up, the back brake is sqeeking a tad, not sure if it's just sand or if it needs pads so I'll run them next weekend. I did order shoes and will bring them if they show on time.

Heres a quick video showing a lake, a small dam and some deep damn sand, the camera didn't really do justice to how deep the sand is in that intersection area.

Anyone else get any time in riding today?

Once the video starts playing if it's cutting off the right side just click the video where it says comments and it should open in youtube, not sure why the right side is cut off, maybe it's that I'm on iPad..?

Last edited by JerseyJeeper; 04-29-2018 at 02:38 PM.
    Fred, TopPredator, Purple and 3 others like this.
    Husqvarna TE300i Fuel Injected 2-Stroke 2019
    Yamaha XT225 - 1999 Serow
    Yamaha TW200Z - 2010
    Yamaha BW200 Electric Start! - 1986
    Yamaha TTR225R - 2003
    Husqvarna 701 Enduro - 2017
    Kawasaki Prairie 650 - 2002

Other than looking a little windy and cold, and with some loose sand that would reduce me to tears that looked fantastic! Nice and pretty. Clean of litter too, always a big plus.
    I got out for two off-road rides today but my sand was firm decomposed granite, nothing wind or water transported stuff that gets sorted into slippery uniform particle sizes.

Limiting the video camera from picking up flow noise at speed can be a challenge. Don't know the best tricks for go-pro cameras but covering mic with foam, cotton balls or solid barriers like tape or the waterproof housing can sometimes work on other action cameras. Helmet's visor could also be shedding turbulence that hits the mic above a particular speed. Maybe try a foam experiment before the Green Mountain ride. Have Fun!
    JerseyJeeper and admiral like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Thanks Fred, your camera work is golden. I appreciate the advice.
    Yamaha TW200Z - 2010
    Yamaha TTR225R - 2003

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I remember that sand in 2014. Damn Shinko 244.

https://tw200forum.com/forum/general-...roken-leg.html
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

The Golden Boy rocks!!^^
    Last edited by scotti158; 04-29-2018 at 04:12 PM.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

Too bad I don't have my TDub up here. I've been staying in Toms River and was thinking this would've been a good riding day. Maybe my boss will let me bring it up next year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    JerseyJeeper and Dryden-Tdub like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJeeper View Post
    Well not exactly, today was more like cold wind and sand. But I really like that title and I may add more videos to this thread later where the sun was leaking through..

I went out for about 50 miles off road to test dubby and the go-pro to make sure there are no issues with them for next weeks ride at green mountain. Well a slight issue cropped up, the back brake is sqeeking a tad, not sure if it's just sand or if it needs pads so I'll run them next weekend. I did order shoes and will bring them if they show on time.

Heres a quick video showing a lake, a small dam and some deep damn sand, the camera didn't really do justice to how deep the sand is in that intersection area.

Anyone else get any time in riding today?

Once the video starts playing if it's cutting off the right side just click the video where it says comments and it should open in youtube, not sure why the right side is cut off, maybe it's that I'm on iPad..?

How did this riding area come to be? Was it an old military maneuver grounds back in WWII or something? Looks like it would be really fun riding there.

I've always had problems with wind noise in my videos when it's windy. San Rafael Swell was very windy. Hopefully, folks who say they hate music with motorcycle videos would understand sometimes the music would be preferred over the wicked wind noise sometimes.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Winnnndddd.... ugg. I hear ya.

This is Colliers Mills (an old mill town on the northern edge of the Pine Barren). It butts up to Fort Dix / McGuire / Lakehurst military bases. It's very close to where I was when I posted the nuclear missile launchers.
    The town was taken over by the state before it became modernized and was left pristine.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/C...anagement_Area

This site has a lot of info on the pines.. and a lot of opinions but hey doesn't everyone..
    Exploring the Lost Lake at Colliers Mills

I'm going to need editing software, recommendations ?

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    How did this riding area come to be? Was it an old military maneuver grounds back in WWII or something? Looks like it would be really fun riding there.

I've always had problems with wind noise in my videos when it's windy. San Rafael Swell was very windy. Hopefully, folks who say they hate music with motorcycle videos would understand sometimes the music would be preferred over the wicked wind noise sometimes.
    admiral likes this.
    Yamaha TW200Z - 2010
    Yamaha TTR225R - 2003

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJeeper View Post
    Winnnndddd.... ugg. I hear ya.

This is Colliers Mills (an old mill town on the northern edge of the Pine Barren). It butts up to Fort Dix / McGuire / Lakehurst military bases. It's very close to where I was when I posted the nuclear missile launchers.
    The town was taken over by the state before it became modernized and was left pristine.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/C...anagement_Area

This site has a lot of info on the pines.. and a lot of opinions but hey doesn't everyone..
    Exploring the Lost Lake at Colliers Mills

I'm going to need editing software, recommendations ?

I recently got a new computer (PC) with windows 10. I downloaded/uploaded the latest Microsoft Movie Maker which they said Windows 10 would not support but it does. I've been using it for years so it's the only thing I'm familiar with so my recommendation would be very limited. I do like the fact I can "Stabilize" the video with MM but it may diminish some of the sharpness or quality so I limit it to the clips or videos which are fairly rough and bumpy. I can add music tracks with it but other than lowering the volume there's nothing I can do about the wind noise other than try to minimize it on the camera itself. It's better but not great by any stretch.
    JerseyJeeper likes this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

10-4 Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    I recently got a new computer (PC) with windows 10. I downloaded/uploaded the latest Microsoft Movie Maker which they said Windows 10 would not support but it does. I've been using it for years so it's the only thing I'm familiar with so my recommendation would be very limited. I do like the fact I can "Stabilize" the video with MM but it may diminish some of the sharpness or quality so I limit it to the clips or videos which are fairly rough and bumpy. I can add music tracks with it but other than lowering the volume there's nothing I can do about the wind noise other than try to minimize it on the camera itself. It's better but not great by any stretch.
    Yamaha TW200Z - 2010
    Yamaha TTR225R - 2003

Sponosred Links