Going up on the Boise Front tomorrow.
Close

After I vote tomorrow, I am heading up on the front for what could be the last ride before the snow flys up there. If anyone would like to go for a little cruise, I would enjoy the company.

Happy Trails All

Ron in Boise 859-7909

Sorry, wish I could and would love to go in the worst way but, to much going on. Got fairly busy with the fire season and add the fact I got a new position at work a while back which has fouled up all my riding time for the past few months. Squeezed in one or two towards late summer, but that's all I could get in.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

It was a great day to head to the hills. I did my civic duty early and voted; then off on the adventure I went. This ride was a duplicate of a previous adventure I posted last May or June with photos so your choices for seeing this country are: check out my previous post with included photos or; ride it yourself. Being on my own, I stuck to the two tracks.

I headed up Rocky Canyon to Aldope summit, turned left on the connector trail to 8th St. and felt the need to stop several times and admire the view of the entire Snake river plain down to the Owyhees. The weather was nice up there; temp. about 50 degrees and very light breeze. I stopped on the side of the road, where the view was awe inspiring and eat half of my sandwich and veggies.

Then proceeded to the ridge road at the top of 8th street and headed north. The more elevation I gained, the more the temp. dropped until when I got to the snowless Bogus Basin ski resort, it was about 40 degrees with a bit more breeze. The resort had a picnic table setting out on a patio so this was a great place to stop and finish my lunch. I enjoyed the quiet solitude of the mountains.

That concluded the back country portion of the trip so I head back to town on tne main Bogus Basin road. The whole trip was 56 miles door to door. The elevation change was from about 2500' to 6500' and then back down. It took me about 3 1/2 hours. What a great way to say goodby to the mountains for the winter. Like the Governator used to say,"I'll Be Back",

Happy Trails All

Ron in Boise

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

It was a nice day for a ride. I rode the TW to the voting booth and back. Your ride is way better!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Reading your report made me want to go riding! Unfortunately I have to go to work. You're lucky to have such beautiful country so close. Thanks for sharing your adventure. Sounds like you had a great ride. It's good to hear from you again.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

Sponosred Links