weird stuff on the trail...
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Location of creepy little graveyard

if you zoom in all the way you'll notice a very faint rectangle. wish I'd had my camera with me. just 3 VERY rough hewn stones. this area of southern Maine is pretty old, probably some family buried there or something. I will get pics soon.

anyway, very cold here. was about 0' Celsius all day. telephone trails are always fun though!

anyone else seen weird stuff out on a trail? I'm a newbie and this was pretty strange for me.
    2012 TW200, 1993 KLR650, 1992 GSX750F

We get old graves like that beside trails a lot. Usually no larger than a family, civil war era mostly.

At the peak of a wooded mountain is "vine hill". On the brightest day, it gets dark in there. The trail runs right through a canopy of kudzu on the trees, about the size of a 3 story McMansion.

Here are a couple of graves that I stumbled across a few years ago. Lots of logging and gold mining in my part of the country. No idea what the story was with these folks. Likely they were simply put to rest in the ground and someone stumbled across the site and felt inclined to take care of it (Four-wheel drive group). Seems we come, and go. Guess 'they' say, "ashes to ashes and dust to dust". So true. Gerry

Take care my Friend.........

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

This may sound a little silly but my wife and I look up small out of the way grave yards then she wonders around looking for the oldest stones to take photos of. We've also found many cool ones while GEO caching.. The UP of mich. has soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many of them... Good stuff. OMM.

Not silly at all. There are some very nice old graves, small grave yards etc. 'round these parts. Here in the Boont region we call 'em "The Dusties". There is one up on the hill behind my house, and another one down the road from me that is so beautiful, very old graves there. That is where I want my ashes scattered, at that place, it seems a nice place to rest. Mind you, I'm not in any hurry to join them, but paying a visit from time to time is somehow peaceful & intriguing. m.
    1997 TW with some modsHidden Content Pike'n the Boont region since 1989!

Have a Bahl Dee! Hidden Content

I haven't found any thing weird. But the guys riding behind me found a tail light to a tw200. Very strange!😃

While wandering aimlessly through the Santa Cruz Mountains I came a cross this "save the oceans" sculpture. It is made of a metal sphere, representing the Earth, with empty plastic water bottles stuck on part of it. My guess is the plastic water bottles represent man's pollution of the planet. The TW to the left represents me having fun. You can't see it clearly in the picture but there is a partially full plastic water bottle tied to the rear rack. I find plastic water bottles convenient and use them all the time.

There are two other panels with explanations on them but the printing was so fine that when I reduced the size of the pictures for posting here they became unreadable.

I will leave it to your judgement whether this qualifies as weird.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Here's something I stumbled across during one of my first dirt adventures on the TW. I was on an old overgrown trail in the N. Calif. foothills a few miles from rural ranches. Unfortunately, this is an area that appears to be very susceptible to being ravaged by wildfires. I suspect during one of these fires this critter got loose and is now likely living the good life. When I first rolled into this 'spot' he was laying down just nibbling on the grass. Perhaps my happening bye would be cause for celebration, but once he stood tall it seemed more prudent to retrace my tracks and let him get back to nibbling grass. Gerry

Take care my Friend.........

Gerry, the animal you've shown is in a bit more weird and out of place than the animal I'm showing.

Not everyday you find a stray mule while out on a ride. Came across this feller on a ride with forum members Heyduke and Truelight. When we came across the mule, it was limping when it walked and was wearing a blue bridle. I will assume it ran off since it was wearing the bridle. If it was let loose on purpose, owner would normally take the bridle off.

Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by mrgizmow View Post
    Here's something I stumbled across during one of my first dirt adventures on the TW. I was on an old overgrown trail in the N. Calif. foothills a few miles from rural ranches. Unfortunately, this is an area that appears to be very susceptible to being ravaged by wildfires. I suspect during one of these fires this critter got loose and is now likely living the good life. When I first rolled into this 'spot' he was laying down just nibbling on the grass. Perhaps my happening bye would be cause for celebration, but once he stood tall it seemed more prudent to retrace my tracks and let him get back to nibbling grass. Gerry

Hard for me to tell, but is that a Llama? He didn't try to run away?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links