Close

Like Tree13Likes
  • 8 Post By scotti158
  • 3 Post By scotti158
  • 1 Post By werwolf
  • 1 Post By admiral

Thread: Finally, a Decent Ride on the TW

Finally, a Decent Ride on the TW

Got into the low 80's today, winter seemed to hold on forever this year with a colder than normal spring. Scheduled the day off from work a got a little riding in, 150 miles in 6.5 hrs. Hit some of the local state land areas, found some new trails. Woods are still wet so lots of mud in a few areas.

DSCN8684.JPG

Found this "pool", I've been through this area before and never saw it. Looked like it was quite deep at one time. Had rock stairs going into it. Not sure what it was used for.

DSCN8685.JPG

DSCN8686.JPG

A good rest area.

DSCN8687.JPG

Log crossing didn't go as planned. Tried to clutch up a wheelie to get the front over, but just spun and plowed into it.

DSCN8688.JPG

Tried the GoPro on a RAM mount, not sure if I like it. Easier to reach and see if it's on, but it picks up all the rattles and vibes.
    Last edited by scotti158; 05-02-2018 at 05:39 PM.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

Nice area, can you share location? I'm new & looking for trails & woods to ride.

Quote Originally Posted by werwolf View Post
    Nice area, can you share location? I'm new & looking for trails & woods to ride.
    Started in Groton, then to Star Stanton Rd. area in Dryden, Grigg's Gulf in Hartford Mills, Beaver Dam State Forest in Richford, Bobell State Forest and Beaver Flow State Forest in Coventry, and other assorted seasonal and paved roads. What I usually do when looking for some adventure is Google Earth, you can highlight state land, find an area that looks interesting, and ride the bike there and see what you can find. Sometimes you end up with a dud, but other times you can find some good riding. Of course, check the laws and make sure it's legal to ride off road there.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the tips, much appreciated. A lot of guys will tell you there more places to ride than you have time, BUT they never tell you where!
    scotti158 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by scotti158 View Post
    Got into the low 80's today,

Log crossing didn't go as planned. Tried to clutch up a wheelie to get the front over, but just spun and plowed into it.

DSCN8688.JPG

Tried the GoPro on a RAM mount, not sure if I like it. Easier to reach and see if it's on, but it picks up all the rattles and vibes.
    I tried the video camera on the handlebars and didn't like it because the handlebars go back and forth too much. Works fine on pavement, though you still have the vibration and noise you mention.

See if you can adapt the RAM to the gas cap. I reduce, not eliminate, the side to side action when riding trails. Not nearly as bad as handlebar placement in my opinion.

Loved the trail! If I ever figured out how to pop a wheelie to even try to go over a log I'll be lucky. My luck I'd end up ass over teakettle off to the side of the log and TW.
    scotti158 likes this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Sponosred Links