Hollister Hills Trail Fenceline 11-14-'12
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    A young guy in good shape on a long legged 2 stroke bike with big knobbies could ride this trail in about 5 minutes or less. Well, that is not me. I had just ridden 3 other trails and was feeling tired and worn out so it took me more like 18 minutes but I managed to edit out 10 of them to make the video bearable. My goal is to go back and ride this trail first and cut my time in half or better, a goal that will have to wait until at least after the New Year and possibly the Spring when the ground is dry.

All totaled, it was still a great day!!!!!!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVyJ1ky_N7I[/media]
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

looks great tony, i need to get to hollister again.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I think with lots of practice you could trim that time down to 17 mins (o;. There is "NO" way I can do that... I can't handle loose gravel/sand that well.. OMM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    My goal is to go back and ride this trail first and cut my time in half or better, a goal that will have to wait until at least after the New Year and possibly the Spring when the ground is dry.

What beautiful scenery and a great trail! Why would you want to shorten the time you spend on it?
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Looked like a GREAT RIDE Tony.. That area is soooo California. Reminded me a lot of all the hiking I have done in Briones park. Again, maybe it is the camera lens, but those trails did not look much more than 18" wide and those drops into ravines seemed to be pretty much at the edge of the trail in some places. Really enjoyed the video, looks to be a nice place to ride and you seem to have the place pretty much to yourself. Thanks. Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

So, I say to myself, a good long video from Tony riding the Hollister Hills, I better enjoy this one (as the riding season has slowed). So I put the video on full screen, full HD, put on my best headphones, turn up the sound so I can enjoy the full riding expirence. This was a fun video and I enjoyed it a lot. Got a kick and laughed out loud on the "Long Shadows" note. Good one!

This past year on a ride with Ron from Boise, on my second fall, I think I cussed, which I don't do very often, just ask my wife. I laughed when you said "not again". I can relate!

Thanks for sharing your ride. It has inspired me to try and get in a ride, hopefully tomorrow. It will be chilly!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

That is a fun looking trail. The Admiral is right about not swearing. I have only seen it happen once. I enjoy riding with him because with him along it is like having a wrecker when things get out of sorts. I think he could bench press the TW.

Thanks for sharing Tony. Haven't been to Hollister in a couple years. Might make a great spot for a little TW group ride. I seem to remember a couple of good mexican restuarants in the area for a post ride refueling.

Josh
    Not all men are capable of greatness, but all possess toughness.
    2001 TW a mod or two maybeHidden Content

How much of a stretch are the Pinnacles/Coalinga areas for you guys?

I've done a lot of pig hunting up in there. Seems like you could stay busy in there for days on a dualsport.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

That looks like a great place to ride with great weather. I am envious.

What gear were you in most of the time?

Thank you for sharing the video!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links