A Good TW Destination?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: A Good TW Destination?

A Good TW Destination?

This is an outstandingly dramatic place I found while looking for some unique rock art. We were trying to track down some colorfully painted panels of indeterminate but supposedly ancient age done in a uniquely Australian aborigine style. Just another inexplicable example of the seemingly cross cultural fertilization seen in ancient societies that predate the accepted notion that civilization began in Mesopotamia some 4,500 years B.C. Not saying that since aborigines seemingly made it to Australia some 60,000 years ago that they could have also traveled to another continent. Just another enigma to stimulate the brain.
    Anyways armed with just sketchy instructions and a copy of a crude hand drawn map we got hopelessly lost on maze of simple tracks and didn't find the right turn, would have needed the TW to explore properly.
    Only found more modern pre-columbian crude pictographs.
    Did end up at this fantastic location a stone's throw from mind warping verticality. Camping beneath a rock overhang got me in tough with my inner Troglodyte and kept me cool in the summer's heat. We stayed until we got low on water. The river is but a few hundred yards away horizontally but some 2,700 ft below, accessible only by a ridiculous goat trail descent to Lava Falls. No guard rails of course and a few sections of cliff were overhung for the first 300 ft or so. One could almost achieve terminal velocity before the first bounce.
    Anyways always though this would be an excellent base camp for serious T-Dubbery. Certainly was one of the more memorable camp sites I have ever enjoyed. Would need to bring in fuel since it is 60 plus miles from leaving pavement.
    Last edited by Fred; 05-22-2018 at 08:33 AM.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    This is an outstandingly dramatic place I found while looking for some unique rock art. We were trying to track down some colorfully painted panels of indeterminate but supposedly ancient age done in a uniquely Australian aborigine style. Just another inexplicable example of the seemingly cross cultural fertilization seen in ancient societies that predate the accepted notion that civilization began in Mesopotamia some 4,500 years B.C. Not saying that since aborigines seemingly made it to Australia some 60,000 years ago that they could have also traveled to another continent. Just another enigma to stimulate the brain.
    Anyways armed with just sketchy instructions and a copy of a crude hand drawn map we got hopelessly lost on maze of simple tracks and didn't find the right turn, would have needed the TW to explore properly.
    Only found more modern pre-columbian crude pictographs.
    Did end up at this fantastic location a stone's throw from mind warping verticality. Camping beneath a rock overhang got me in tough with my inner Troglodyte and kept me cool in the summer's heat. We stayed until we got low on water. The river is but a few hundred yards away horizontally but some 2,700 ft below, accessible only by a ridiculous goat trail descent to Lava Falls. No guard rails of course and a few sections of cliff were overhung for the first 300 ft or so. One could almost achieve terminal velocity before the first bounce.
    Anyways always though this would be an excellent base camp for serious T-Dubbery. Certainly was one of the more memorable camp sites I have ever enjoyed. Would need to bring in fuel since it is 60 plus miles from leaving pavement.
    Incredible, Fred, and very beautiful. Thanks for sharing
    Tweaker, Dryden-Tdub and Allanb like this.

While I'll never get my TW to Bolivia other enigmatic artifacts abound all around Puma Punku and Tiahuanaco. The scale, intricacy and precision of these Paleolithic city ruin bulding blocks defies explaination. puma punku.jpg
    Some of these blocks are over 100 tons . Puma-Punku-and-Tiahuanaco-14.jpgHow would you carve this 6mm channel and bore the corresponding precise through block holes?puma-punku-drill.jpg
    Odd that many ancient cultures share cast sciesmic resistant keyway technology to lock mega-blocks together even though these keyways supposedly pre-date knowledge of smelting. stone splice.jpg And how would you go about carving these interior corners in such hard rock? Look how crisp and precise the multiple right angle intersections are.tiahuanaco.jpg Astrophysical, climatologigal , optical stimulated luminescance and other data can be interpreted to indicate these carvings and drill holes possibly pre-date the last ice age. Tiahuanaco has structures resembling port facilities for ancient Lake Titicaca which last lapped the shores of the site a good 12,000 years ago.

Sometimes I contemplate Tweaker's signature that "Everything you know is wrong", meaning simplistic explanations are either given to enigmas, or they are ignored.
    Last edited by Fred; 05-22-2018 at 12:09 PM.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Some day their going to lift up one of those slabs and find a pre-disc brake T.W.
    Fred, TW-Brian and Dryden-Tdub like this.

It almost looks like cast concrete.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Those two places REALLY need explaining. How was that work done, how are the surfaces so smooth? Before the weathering it must have been like glass. With all the tools in my shop and all the ones available at the many stone shops that we deal with there is simply no way to perform that high of a quality of stone work in any reasonable amount of time, especially the inside corners that are cut, and certainly not at that scale and maybe not at all.. I have looked at those H blocks and many others stone works there from many many different angles, reviewed all kinds of detailed microscopic pictures, you name it I researched it. I'm as baffled as anyone who works with stone can be when they see this work. It truly qualifies as unbelievable, not just for the era when it was supposedly done, but that it was done at all. These "people" who supposedly did this work had no steal but yet they were able to cut some of the hardest stone there is. The were able to smelt metal to pour for the "dog-bone" ties but yet had no wheel? - And.. The list goes on... There was an earlier unknown history to this earth, that i'm convinced of. There are places all around the world that have ancient stone work. The older it it the more impossible it is for us to replicate today..
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”
    nobade, Tweaker, Mel and 2 others like this.
    Husqvarna TE300i Fuel Injected 2-Stroke 2019
    Yamaha XT225 - 1999 Serow
    Yamaha TW200Z - 2010
    Yamaha BW200 Electric Start! - 1986
    Yamaha TTR225R - 2003
    Husqvarna 701 Enduro - 2017
    Kawasaki Prairie 650 - 2002

To heck with the Incas whose less than 150 year long flourishing civilization was built upon , and plagiarized, the works of older societies. They just had better publicists in the early Spanish missionaries. I believe claims that much of the highest quality interlocking stonework pre-dates the Incas in Cusco and welsewhere. Although I do want to hike through 15th century Machu Picchu and the Inca Trail.
    Tiahuanaco and Puma Punka are among several other sites in Bolivia are high on my Bucket List.
    JerseyJeeper likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

with a son who's 17% incan (as per DNA testing...) pretty amazing stonework, theirs or borrowed. how all of it was done with "primitive" tools is mind boggling.

DSC_0032_5.jpg DSC_0011_3.jpg DSC_0035_4.jpg DSC_0032_6.jpg DSC_0033_3.jpg DSC_106.jpg DSC_0176_2.jpg
    tiwanaku, cuzco church built on incan temple foundation, 12 sided stone, stone moving at sacsayhuaman, supposedly the largest carved incan stone 19' tall and over 200 tons, machu picchu wall and building built on natural condor rock.

amazing, whoever did them!
    jtstdub and Cornelis like this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hey Fred! On a local note, have you seen the petroglyphs in Lagomarsino Canyon? They are quite extensive.
    Cornelis likes this.
    Beauty is as beauty does.
    If it works good, it's beautiful.

ALIENS!!!!!!
    With lasers.
    Hoot Gibson and Cornelis like this.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links