Close

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Bodi
  • 1 Post By admiral
  • 1 Post By mountain yawp

Thread: Tour of Idaho

Tour of Idaho

Tour of Idaho-Challenge Sections....

Who's done it? Who's interested? Maybe Utah/Idaho Border to Elk City one year and Elk City to Canada the following year???
    Allanb likes this.
    2007 TW

I think T1 will stay on the dream shelf for me but it's tempting. White Elephant, Moutain Yawp and myself had loosely discussed T2 across southern Idaho this year maybe. Much less single track than T1...and shorter.

I do not know anyone personally whose rode it.
    Allanb likes this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

I'am in!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I would be interested in either the T1 or T2, depending on when and what the plan is. I would prefer to ride the East to West route if given the choice.
    admiral likes this.

T2 is the east to west and my preference as well.

Here are a few quotes from the last couple of posts about "Tour of Idaho Reports" on Advrider.
    http://advrider.com/index.php?thread...#post-35154200

I'm dragging it back to life!
    Me and Roostre finished the TOI last year, #50-#51. There were only 4 riders to make it last year, 2 groups of 2. We took a shot at it in '16 and got a pretty big wake up call. We spent the rest of the year planning and preparing for success in '17. We were much better prepared in '17 and had a great adventure. The TOI is unlike anything else out there. The days are long and there isn't much room for error. I spent a lot of time in pain, or freezing, or over heating. In the end my little xr200 made it all 1884 miles, and Roostreschinesepitster pro lxr250 did just fine. I think proving that its more about preparation and less about the bike. Luck plays a part, but I believe you make much of your own luck.
    Martin Hackworth is quite a guy. Very little middle ground with him, but he usually makes pretty good sense if you really think about it. I cursed his very
    existance at least a thousand times during the TOI. At the end of it all I still consider him a freind, and I am glad that he is there working as hard as he does to keep access open for us all.
    I am really glad we finished the TOI. Not sure I want to do it again though.

This
    years challenge will be the R'idaho route. I'm getting pretty excited for August to roll around.

Am in awe of those who attempt this, let alone finish! Kudos!

TOI is great, Martin "Ikickyouofffb" Hackworth is a snarky, small minded, soup nazi type when it comes to his TOI. I found the route and ride to be fantastic clear evidence of lots of work. Why he is so intolerant is beyond me.
    Last edited by admiral; 06-02-2018 at 08:57 AM.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Martin Hackworth was my physics lab instructor when I was at Idaho State. I really didn't like the guy. When I discovered how much he liked motorcycles I tried to like him more, but couldn't. I've never met any famous lead singers of a rock band, but I imagine they and Martin treat us "common people" similarly.
    However, he did map some amazing routes from the look of it.

I rode a tiny part of the Tour last weekend. We rode the Boundary ATV trail and up over Robbers Roost. In the next few weeks we plan to ride from the Utah Border to Lava. Just trying to scope things out. I was on my TTR250(no its not a campfire bike) and buddy was on a WR450. It has some Difficult sections. Could i make it on my geared down TW?? Maybe. There are some long steep sections of loose rock that just require momentum suspension and nutts. The You Tube videos dont even show some of the more difficult sections
    2007 TW

Sponosred Links