21st Annual NCWR Dual Sport Ride - NorCal/Nevada peeps
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: 21st Annual NCWR Dual Sport Ride - NorCal/Nevada peeps

21st Annual NCWR Dual Sport Ride - NorCal/Nevada peeps

Hi all

I saw this posted to Facebook and was debating doing it. Any other NorCal/Nevada people know of it or thinking about it?

21st Annual NCWR Dual Sport Ride

I don't know any real details about the ride itself, but it's roughly 100mi or so off-road, and should be doable on my CB500X. I'm really itching to do some sort of camp/ride since I haven't since last October (2017). I can't take any time off until this October (yay for work responsibilities), so anything close enough that I can get to after work on a Friday is going to get some serious consideration from me.

Anyone checking this out or thinking of any other NorCal rides? I've seen the one that Fred and a few others are looking to do on the last weekend of June, but I think that group is going to be a little friskier than I'd be able to handle.
    SanDue likes this.
    2018 CB500XA - Rally Raid: Level 2 Suspension/Wheels, Engine guard / bash plate, Pannier racks, Wide pegs, Rear brake reservoir guard, ABS switch, Radiator screen, kickstand shoe. Barkbuster/Storm. Palmer windshield adjuster w/ accessory bar. Savage steering damper, levers, and rear rack. Givi Trekker Outback 42L Top Case and Wolfman Rocky Mountain Saddlebags. 50W 3" spot/flood pods. Scorpion Serket Taper slip-on.

The Skillman Horse Camp is a very nice place with really nice dual sport riding over a really vast area. You would like it, nice heavy timber, cool in summer. I've posted several videos from the area. It is adjacent to the Burlington ORV area with supposedly 50+ miles of trails and is next to the Chalk Bluff riding area too. A lot of the single tracks could be done on the CB500 but not all, best to have a buddy to help.
    Get Evan and/or Dan Sue to go and scout prior to the $100 crowd. Heck, I'ld even go ride there again, but not for the rallye.

Burlington Trail#66 , no CB500 traps, just miles of singletrack snaking across smooth two track periodically. Many periodic bailouts onto smooth roads if one gets tired of endless corners.
    Last edited by Fred; 06-18-2018 at 05:35 PM.
    Ken, SanDue and bananachunks like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

That would be a good place for Sue to practice single track riding if there are no crowds.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Come to think of it the adjacent Washington Road would be a good place for Bananachunks to practice canyon carving if there are no crowds.
    bananachunks and SanDue like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

That singletrack looks like a barrel of fun! The tarmac I get enough of...
    2018 CB500XA - Rally Raid: Level 2 Suspension/Wheels, Engine guard / bash plate, Pannier racks, Wide pegs, Rear brake reservoir guard, ABS switch, Radiator screen, kickstand shoe. Barkbuster/Storm. Palmer windshield adjuster w/ accessory bar. Savage steering damper, levers, and rear rack. Givi Trekker Outback 42L Top Case and Wolfman Rocky Mountain Saddlebags. 50W 3" spot/flood pods. Scorpion Serket Taper slip-on.

Be careful George. Seems every time Fred was referencing that ride, he was on his custom TW.
    bananachunks likes this.
    Take care my Friend.........

Betty Boop led me on the initial explorations though. From late fall I believe, camped at snowline ~5,000 ft. Yuba River outside Washington was ~3,500ft and warm.

You should go sometime George, even if you can't shame anyone else into coming along for the adventure. Gerry, do you think an XT225 could chase a CB500through here? Hint,hint...
    Get Evan and his R-Pod to come for a base camp.
    Last edited by Fred; 06-18-2018 at 06:59 PM.
    SanDue likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

So if you cross the river and climb this road to the next ridge a right turn and about 60 miles of dirt later you will go roll my place.

A left turn would take you down the ridge past Graniteville and into the hydraulic mining districts of North Bloomfield. A few CB500 safe dirt roads connect many of the foothill gold camps and continue up and over the sierras passing through varied terrain, climate and vegetation.
    Last edited by Fred; 06-19-2018 at 08:48 AM.
    SanDue likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Senior Member mountain redbelly's Avatar
    i'm ready for another group ride soon. Can't make it to Fred's ride I just got back driving from the east coast. The ride looks interesting. Have fun exploring. I was thinking of setting something up in October if no one else does and their's any interest a Santa Margarita ride. At the KOA, fuck it I'm gonna do it hope some folks will join me. Over the dirt pass to San Luis Obisbo and back ~~~ back to Sweet Margareet. (in October probably early to mid)
    Mel likes this.
    "meet me in the creek"

Set dates, routes, etc, and I'm down for that!

Quote Originally Posted by mountain redbelly View Post
    i'm ready for another group ride soon. Can't make it to Fred's ride I just got back driving from the east coast. The ride looks interesting. Have fun exploring. I was thinking of setting something up in October if no one else does and their's any interest a Santa Margarita ride. At the KOA, fuck it I'm gonna do it hope some folks will join me. Over the dirt pass to San Luis Obisbo and back ~~~ back to Sweet Margareet. (in October probably early to mid)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links