Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: 2018 North Idaho & Black Hills

2018 North Idaho & Black Hills

Prelude

Morning at Moose Creek Reservoir-North Idaho

Mica Mtn.-North Idaho

Dogs are weird. Roscoe sleeping with his snout propped up in the corner

Georgie has kidney failure and supposedly only has a short time left. I'm glad she was well enough to travel. We saw her swim for the first time ever right near this dock a short time after this photo.

The dogs traveled really well and pretended to like each other

Riding in the Black Hills was awesome

A TW taillight and 3M Dual-Lock make for a good improvised camper taillight. Even left the mud on from the last ride.
    Mel, ejfranz, SportsterDoc and 8 others like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Georgie sure has made quite an impression on all who have seen her ride the TW. Must be terribly sad to see her slowly fade.
    Quick Hi-jack: I met Admiral and Georgie when they came to do an engine installation with a motor that evan had brought to my place. Little did I know how well Georgie could ride off-road.
    First half of video is the test ride after the install to my picnic spot. Georgie didn't come on the second half of video for the open country ride.

Now back to the Black Hills! Great photos so far, more please.
    Last edited by Fred; 07-16-2018 at 09:44 PM.
    grewen, ejfranz, admiral and 3 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Lools like a beautiful riding area. Sorry about Georgie.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

So we started our trip back east by driving up north to meet the girls for a couple days.

No Moose in Moose Creek Reservoir. I looked.

Mornings are peaceful

Went "rutting around" early with one of the girls boyfriends on nearby trails with me on Scoob and Boyfriend X on Squirrel. (TW & XT)

Later that day out on the trail we came across another rider (not in our group) who tried to use their ATV as TV Movie Stunt vehicle. It didn't work out so good. Here we all watch Mrs. Admiral tip it back over onto it's wheels. It's hard work being the "camera man".

We then took a brief stop at a mine on Mica Mtn. just north of Deary, ID. That's Deary not Dreary.

Hoppers at the mine. The forest is reclaiming most of the rest of the mine area as the buildings have mostly fallen over with only cement foundations left and overgrown mine trails. Even the hoppers are almost enclosed by the trees.

End of the day back at camp. Georgie enjoying the lake views. Until we got our big camper we had to leave the dogs at home. Now we can take them with since we have the room. I think the dogs are happy about that.

Of course we had to take this road to continue our trip when we headed east towards the Black Hills to meet my sister and brother-in-law to go riding. There is a prize if anyone can tell me where we found this sign. The sign is real. Hint: it's in a town in Wyoming.

To be continue. Movie at 11.
    Last edited by admiral; 07-20-2018 at 08:36 AM.
    Mel, Fred, ejfranz and 1 others like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Until the video is done, here is a little Mica Mtn. Mine history.

This is a picture of some Muscow mine workers on Mica Mountain near Deary, Idaho, before 1910. The mine was discovered by J.T. Woody of Moscow in 1881. It operated until 1919 and opened again in 1942, because of the demands for mica to be used as electrical insulation in the emerging electronics industry during World War II. Sometime after the war the mine closed again. The people in the picture are: first row (left to right) Ernest Schell or Art Craine, Joe Bower, John Bentz and John Simpson. Back row: unknown, George Bentz, unknown, Mr. Wells (?), and Fred Lunsford. Also, somewhere in the picture is Levi Shortridge. The name of the man in the front peeling the potatoes is unknown.
    Ken likes this.

Why that looks like Brancho Charlie's long lost cousin Floyd. Everyone thought the injuns had gotten him.brancho charlieCMiller_Getty463313227.jpg
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Moose Creek Reservoir Video Part I

Part I. A morning ride on some trails around Moose Creek Reservoir outside of Deary & Bovill, ID in Northern Idaho. A little warm-up ride before the Mica Mtn. trail ride later in the day.

ejfranz, Fred, jtstdub and 1 others like this.

Mica Mtn. North Idaho Part II

Head for the hills. In this part we ride the trail to Mica Mtn., help some other ATV folks who tipped over their ATV, stopped at a mine and then headed back to camp but not before going through the bird bath.

Fred, ejfranz, grewen and 2 others like this.

Nice treed riding area. One of the trails in the second video looked steep.
    admiral likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mountain yawp View Post
    Nice treed riding area. One of the trails in the second video looked steep.
    There are a few spots with some steep inclines but the one in the video adds the loose rock and rock steps which are actually kind of hard to see in the video. I get a little more attentive if these areas. It was steep going down the south side of the mountain also but you can't tell in the video so I didn't show much of that. Much of it was like Winom-Frazier OHV but even more jungle like.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links