Any NorCal/Bay Area peeps doing anything 8/24-26?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Any NorCal/Bay Area peeps doing anything 8/24-26?

Any NorCal/Bay Area peeps doing anything 8/24-26?

I'm bored. I was thinking about toodling down to Santa Margarita Lake and nomming some Klondike Pizza near Pismo Beach. Or possibly a quick trip up to the Lost Coast Beach. I still have the GPS points for the Oakhurst Adventure Ride I recently did - would love to go out and do that again. Anything, something within about 300mi of San Francisco. Looking for the ride to wherever, with a night or two of camping. Any off-road would be icing on the cake and is not necessary. Anyone got anything like that going on not this weekend, but next, and have a slot open for a non-TW rider to tag along or join in?
    SanDue likes this.
    2018 CB500XA - Rally Raid: Level 2 Suspension/Wheels, Engine guard / bash plate, Pannier racks, Wide pegs, Rear brake reservoir guard, ABS switch, Radiator screen, kickstand shoe. Barkbuster/Storm. Palmer windshield adjuster w/ accessory bar. Savage steering damper, levers, and rear rack. Givi Trekker Outback 42L Top Case and Wolfman Rocky Mountain Saddlebags. 50W 3" spot/flood pods. Scorpion Serket Taper slip-on.

Mel
    If you come South, let me know, I would look for any excuse to have pizza at Klondikes. I can direct you to some back country roads to get you off the freeway also.
    805-441-0691
    Mel
    bananachunks, Joemama and SanDue like this.

Thanks, Mel!

I believe I might be leaning towards heading in your direction. Check out the lake, a few lighthouses that are nearby, and, of course, Klondike! Depending on where my first camp stop is, I haven't yet decided whether I would leave Friday from work (4pm) or at the crack of doodle Saturday morning. Any tips on BLM/free camping in the area, the closer to the lake the better? I think I'm going to take my chances and bring my hammock setup. The only thing I've really been able to find has been TV Tower Rd (Forest Rte 29S11, Santa Margarita, CA 93453). Anyone else feel like hitting up Klondike Pizza next weekend?
    SanDue likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Mel
    TV TOWER ROAD is probably the closest BLM unless you want to use my backyard, or extra bedroom.
    Mel
    SanDue and bananachunks like this.

I've never heard of Klondike pizza, it must be sooo good. We don't have any good pizza around here. (at least in my opinion)
    And there's not much better than a really good pizza, I prefer it over steak.
    I'm assuming Klondike is not a chain. Although when I was a kid growing up in the bay area, we had a Shakeys, and Me and Eds pizza and I loved them both.

Been there twice and was not disappointed. Plus a couple cold beers to cool off with. Never had a bad meal when out with the Tdub folks.
    Mel, SanDue, bad luck and 1 others like this.

Pizza with Bananachunks! Our favorite pizza of all. . Sue's buying! Dirts a Flyen SanDue

I think I'm gonna do the crack of doodle on Saturday. Should put me in the area in time for a Klondike lunch! Muddle around the lake for a bit, then hit TV Tower Road for a hammock over-nighter. Slowly make my way to the lighthouses and home on Sunday. Anyone else going for some Klondike?
    Mel likes this.

Hey Mel - what time you thinking you want Klondike tomorrow? Should I just text/call when I'm in the area?

Mel
    I will be available to anything that fits your schedule. Maybe a call a little ahead with a some notice. I look forward to the visit.
    Mel
    bananachunks likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links